Crystal Glass/Pattern Identifcation Help Needed Please

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows this crystal glass pattern or maker, unfortunately its not marked but many aren't. This is just annoying me now as I have seen it before and I am wondering if its Edinburgh crystal, the glasses are heavy quality made but I just come up blank.

Any help would be much appreciated, many thanks in advance. Conway117 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

If the glasses are not stamped with a maker then it is impossible to accurately determine who the maker is.

I have an Edinburgh crystal vase and a decanter and both are stamped.....although I cannot say for certain that Edinburgh crystal would stamp glasses too.

I also have some glasses by Stuart Crystal and they are stamped ...other crystal glasses I have are unstamped ...

It would not be wise to list the glasses inferring that they may be made by a particular maker , they would need to be listed as unbranded ....
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Hi... These look like they were made for the mass market similar to this one... £30 for a set of six....

Ignore anything under this ^^^^^ line... It's just my signature....
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

They look like they're moulded rather than having been "cut".

If you look at the edges (particularly of the lower facets), they're rounded off but if you look at proper "cut glass" the edges are much sharper.

They're probably just "glass" rather than "crystal glass" so without you knowing for sure exactly what they're made from, I wouldn't describe them as "crystal".

"Proper" Lead crystal has Lead Oxide in it but modern "crystal" often has a different oxide composition.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent