Applying for Passport

I am hoping to go on holiday abroad later in the year, but having problems with passport application.

I have my old one that expired in 1996, I have the completed form, birth and marriage certificates and new photos.

Problem is finding someone to counter sign the photos.

I used to go to my doctor for these things in the past, but passport office no long accepts this.

I dont know my bank manager as I use online banking

I asked the warden in my sheltered housing but he has only known me for 1 year.

Must be someone who has known me for minimum of 2 years, holds a current UK passport, and works or is retired from professional occupation. I cant think of anyone who fits all the criteria.

Anyone any suggestions please from own experience.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Applying for Passport

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any professionals in your family or friends circle?

I remember that a teacher could sign it. We had a paramedic signing one for our kids. It could be a director of any business, a Policeman, people in the army, a priest, a dentist, a midwife, a nurse?

And you could lie a bit about the length of time someone has known you.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Applying for Passport

Do you work ?  When I was working I asked one of our company directors to do mine.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Applying for Passport

Smiley Happyhmm your priest/vicar or carer maybe

Petal
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Applying for Passport

They are quite flexible about this (or at least they were when I was in a similar position) and I think it's more about verifying that the photos match the person in front of them, than how long they have known you.

In my case a policeman signed them for me although I'm not sure he had ever seen me.  If he had it would only have been through the window as I mowed his lawn.  He certainly didn't know me personaly, I always spoke to his wife about the garden and never spoke to him, if he was even in the house. 

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Applying for Passport

Is there a retired professional in your Housing unit - they can sign

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Applying for Passport

People who aren’t accepted

Your countersignatory can’t:

• work for HM Passport Office
  • be a doctor, unless they state that they know you well (eg good friend) and that they recognise you easily from your photo
Please do not feed the Troll
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent