Verifying my phone number with no phone signal

Hello I am wondering if anyone can help, I am trying to sell an item on eBay but they want to verify my phone number however there is no phone signal where I live so I cannot receive the text message. Most websites give me an option for not having signal but not on here apparently. Anyone got any ideas, thanks 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

ccla3379
Conversationalist

If your phone is getting an internet connection via local WiFi then you could see if your phone has "WiFi Calling" enabled which would use a WiFi network in the cases where local reception isn't good.  I think it needs to be both an option available on your phone and supported by the network provider.  

Failing that I guess, shoes on and time for a walk in search of a signal ... something which we have to do from time to time.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

I'm having the same issue , cannot sell anything as can't verify my number ! Why cant they use email to verify?

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

I think the usual reason that sites use phones as a route for verification is to try to fox the scammers who manage to get login credentials (typically by tricking folk into giving away their email password) - forcing the use of another device makes it a lot harder for someone to take control of an account.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: