Unable to list / revise / sell similar etc

Is anyone having the same problem as myself - since friday morning - unable to list items , cant revise and tried clicking sell similar on my old sold items but that doesnt work either.

Spoke to 2 ebay agents via chat and couldnt get any sense out of them and they went quiet for long periods so i just closed the conversation.

Didnt know if it was my pc so tried listing on my laptop and same problem occurs so it has toi be an ebay problem.

Thanks in advance for any useful advice

Message 1 of 20
See Most Recent
19 REPLIES 19

Yep, having similar issues, want to revise a listing, unable to do so all day 😞

Message 2 of 20
See Most Recent

I have been having exactly the same issues since yesterday evening...obviously something technical going on.  I am annoyed because I have  a 80% off selling fees this weekend as well. I did manage to list a few items which I hope are ok. 

Message 3 of 20
See Most Recent

Having the same problem, I can't amend postage costs, keeps giving me £6.92 everytime. As I want to sell one book at a time that would be ridiculous. Tried to change to FREE postage but that didn't work either. My default policy is £2.76 for Evri delivery but it isn't even giving me that option. 

Really annoyed as the variable fees are down until Monday only. Is it worth contacting Ebay? Help  someone....

Message 4 of 20
See Most Recent

I'm having the same problem with postage costs. My listings won't save changes to postage. Every time I try to create a listing, the postage defaults to the Evri/DPD etc domestic option with a price of £2.76 and no international postage at all. 

Message 5 of 20
See Most Recent

Hi, did you manage to sort it out. I eventually got my listings to work after an hour long chat online with Maheesh who upgraded my listing tools and worked really hard to get it sorted. Hope yours are ok now too. So frustrating when this happens over a discounted weekend. 

Message 6 of 20
See Most Recent

Unable to use "sell similar" for some days. Clicking that link "invents" a non-existent draft and sends me to "Complete Your Listing". Normal listing - "Sell your item" - works but is a pain to use each time all I want to do is to sell a similar item.

I've tried all the usual: clearing cookies, starting with a fresh instance of browser (Thunderbird) but no joy. And of course there's no practical way of getting hold of any eBay support: it seems management leaves it all to Artificial Idiocy, which doesn't even attempt to acknowledge that problems might exist.

Message 7 of 20
See Most Recent

I am having the same problem: can't list, can't revise, can't edit a draft in the seller hub tool and the condition has gotten worse.

I think it is related to the photo uploading issue other people have been affected with - more specifically, the IP address of the photos (maybe the data server storing the photos was changed?).

If I follow the seller hub tool work flow for creating a listing but omit uploading a photo then all three of the buttons at the end (see attached picture) work in that they do something when you click them:

List with displayed fees button ----> shows error messages stating photos need to be added.

Save for later button ----> saves the listing as a draft.

Preview button ----> shows what the listing would look like when live. Shows text but no photos (normal behaviour since no photo was added).

If I add one or more photos in the work flow then two of the three button don't work:

List with displayed fees button ----> does nothing, no error messages or popups.

Save for later button ----> does nothing, no error messages or popups.

Preview button ----> shows what the listing would look like when live. Shows text but no photos (not normal behaviour since photo(s) were added earlier).

It would seem like the listing tool can't retrieve the link location of the added photos, therefore, can't display them in the preview.

Message 8 of 20
See Most Recent

This is exactly my problem. Let me know if you can fix it

Message 9 of 20
See Most Recent

Just tried to revise postage. Message said it couldnt find the item even though I entered the book title and Ebay number.  Help!

Message 10 of 20
See Most Recent

Still not fixed after a month

Message 11 of 20
See Most Recent

I'm having the same issue, both on Android and laptop. I can get so far then a message comes up, unable to reach server, try again, which does not work. It's driving me mad.. 

Message 12 of 20
See Most Recent

This was apparently resolved. If it has reared its ugly head again, report it to eBay Twitter UK - they seem far more efficient than web chat/emailing customer service/speaking to eBay on the phone as they will all deny that there is a problem. Attach an image/screenshot of the problem when messaging them on Twitter. If you don't have a Twitter account, it is easy to open one and you don't have to use your real name - allegedly 🙂.

Message 13 of 20
See Most Recent

HI

i have for a week now.

I have rang a few times but the keep saying its a major tech issue effecting many users.

They did credit my account with my adverts that had been effected and as it was motoring items it was quie fair of them.

But still need the system working as I may as well close up shop and account and move on.

Anybody else ??

Message 14 of 20
See Most Recent

hi ebay credited me back all fees that were effected

Message 15 of 20
See Most Recent

Hi problem trying to sell my motorbike  with ebay, had no problems before, says adverts sorted ,but not put advert on,& diverted me to ebay Internet. Com ,and says oops something wrong here, please  try later , I suspect its engineering problems or something more sinister &  controlling what you can &   cant sell?...

Message 16 of 20
See Most Recent

hi

These problems still exist.  I lost out on two items as I hadn't noticed the price had not updated on a 'sell similar' listing, got way less than I wanted.  Trying to list again today with the same issue, cannot change the price or postage as it just defaults to the origianl item price.  getting to the stage where I don't see the point of using eBay anymore 😞

Message 17 of 20
See Most Recent

Ok thanks
Harry
Message 18 of 20
See Most Recent

I have been unable to list new, or 'sell similar' items on ebay UK for the past week.

If I try and 'save for later' or list the item, the screen just hangs. I have tried dleteing my cache and cookies. I have tried on both Edge and Chrome.

I can however relist unsold items (with no edits).

I contacted ebay support via the chat system, and after me showing them the problem, they said a member of the tech team would email me, but I've had no contact yet.

Very frustrating.

Message 19 of 20
See Most Recent

Over a year and still not fixed

Message 20 of 20
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: