Small Listing Images when signed in...

When signed in:

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 08.11.24.png

When signed out:

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 08.12.24.png

Same effect on Safari and Chrome. Is it just me? 

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@wiredcharlie when signed in, click on the three lines at the top right, next to where you have the sort order shown as Lowest Price. You'll get two options showing - click on Customise. In the pop-up window, select Large for Thumbnail Size and click on Apply. These settings have a tendency to randomly change from time time without you changing them so you have to reset them.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Hi wiredcharlie, thanks for your post.

I've just reported this to our IT team, and as soon as I get an update from them on this, I will post back here to update you.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

@wiredcharlie when signed in, click on the three lines at the top right, next to where you have the sort order shown as Lowest Price. You'll get two options showing - click on Customise. In the pop-up window, select Large for Thumbnail Size and click on Apply. These settings have a tendency to randomly change from time time without you changing them so you have to reset them.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Thank you!

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

scotavia
Conversationalist

I have had similar problems since a couple of weeks ago.

When in a listing the image is very small and even with Zoom, I cannot see much detail.

Not sure if it is ebay or Chrome causing this.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Thx Marco,

When you get to speak to someone about this behaviour could you ask them to explain the benefit of shrinking the image while keeping the panel in which is placed exactly the same size? 

It appears to make no sense - surely both the icon and the holder should change size and then users would be able to control how compact the results would appear.  That said the mini icon display reminds me of 1960's 35mm film slides - very retro.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

marco@ebay,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately this is still broken, eight months later. Fixing it would be a 5 minute job for the right person on the web team. Were you ever able to speak to anyone?

Having an option for small images (i.e. compact listing) is useless if the surrounding frame doesn't shrink.

Please let us know. Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: