Same item ordered twice

In the last month I have had items I have ordered sent twice with me being billed twice.

When it happened on the first occasion I put this down to an error on my part, requested a return and received nothing back from the seller. I complained directly to eBay and again received no response. I chalked this up to experience.

This week I have had the same thing happen when purchasing a different item...minutes apart the item has been purchased by me again except this time the delivery address for one of the items is an old address held for me which remains on eBay and that I would have not selected as a current delivery address.

Has anybody else had similar problems?

I have purchased from eBay for many years and have never experienced anything like this before.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Same item ordered twice

I've never experienced this before.

Are you using the website or the app to make the orders? Have you given access to your account to someone else (family member, friend, etc).

Fiber artist. Crochet, sewing, knitting, you name it.
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Same item ordered twice

ccla3379
Conversationalist

Sounds most peculiar.  Not something I have seen although I have had a couple of folk contact me to cancel duplicate orders but this was over a period of years.

Might be worth checking in your Account settings - Security - review the trusted devices and locations, and perhaps scan your device for malware ... it never hurts at times like this.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: