Problems With eBay's "Frequently Searched By You" Function

I've got a rather strange problem that's been going on for quite a while now when logging into my eBay account.  When I log in and the first page appears on the screen, under the Frequently Searched By You heading I only ever get search results that one of my housemates has searched for on a separate eBay account.  None of my own frequently searched items ever appear under that heading whenever I log into my account.

As if this wasn't strange enough, my housemate has also reported the same problem, albeit with my own frequently searched items showing up on their account.  Has anybody else experienced the same problem, with somebody else's search results showing up when logging into their own account, and if so, do you know of a way to prevent the problem from recurring?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer in relation to this query.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yep,  many are experiencing this,  you are not alone.

It's a technical error we are told eBay are aware of, working on the issue , but no fix date yet announced.

Although some have found a temporary fix by either changing devices to use a PC / laptop or switching browsers,  to Chrome or Firefox.

Try that it may help.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Yep,  many are experiencing this,  you are not alone.

It's a technical error we are told eBay are aware of, working on the issue , but no fix date yet announced.

Although some have found a temporary fix by either changing devices to use a PC / laptop or switching browsers,  to Chrome or Firefox.

Try that it may help.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

I decided to wait for a while to see if the problem would resolve itself, yet despite trying other browsers (I don't have a second device I could use) the problem would not go away.  However, having logged on this afternoon and looked at the items listed under the Frequently Searched By You heading, the items displayed are now items that I have actually searched for, and not those of one my housemates.  Therefore the problem appears to have been resolved.  Let's just hope that eBay have finally fixed this issue permanently!

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: