Item not received option not available?

Hello so I've noticed that lately if a seller doesn't provide tracking information and item doesn't turn up then there's no option to say 'item hasn't arrived' I recently purchased a couple of items and they supposedly dispatched earlier this week but still haven't turned up. In my purchase history there is only the 'return item' option. I've contacted the seller but they have not replied as yet so what happens if item doesn't turn up? I can't even open a case. Photo attached showing the only options available. 

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

A few things to check here.  You cannot open a case for item not received until one day after the item's last estimated date for delivery.

It might be a temporary site glitch,  more than often happens here in the UK,  in our early hours,  as it's still late at night in eBay's HQ the night before, in CaliforniA , when most updates and tweaks in the system are made,  making things go a little awry here.

If using the  app or mobile browser,  switch if you can to a PC / laptop and use Chrome or Firefox try from there.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

It's just weird because the option is always there for tracked items but not there for untracked. I'm hoping the not received option will somehow appear after the estimated delivery date if my stuff doesn't turn up. Not sure what ebay are doing lately the app is getting harder to use. 

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Aaah  you're on the app!  Yep, that device throws up all sorts of errors and missing options.

If a day has passed the item's last estimated date for delivery,  tracked or not,  use a PC / laptop and try from there to open a case for item not received.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Thank you. Even the messages section on the app now is all sorts of complicated! I'll give it a few more days and see. 

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

I don't use the app, I understand it's ' handy',  but don't use it for it's various quirks as you describe.

I did read though the messages option has moved to a little envelope icon near top right  for you to click on to view or send messages.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

I wish I didn't update the app! Messages are all together now. There's no inbox or sent section anymore. They're all just in one place. I hate it when apps do pointless changes 

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: