Can a buyer. Leave feedback after cancelling order

I just sold a ps5.  I listed started at £600. This is what I paid for the console and 2 games. I bought it for my partner Who I am no longer with. Hence the sale.  Bidding went mad. It ended at £993;  soon after the end. I got a request to cancel the order. I am immediately agree to cancel the order only to see this buyer has left me negative feedback calling me greedy scalping scum. How is this right? This buyer has deliberately bid high to leave me malicious feedback.  I have asked for this feedback to be removed and been told it does not qualify for removal. Have I missed something here?  I have also tried to block this member. But his I'd is not valid. Does this mean he has blocked me?

View Entire Topic

The feedback is totally removeable as it breaches Ebay's feedback rules in several ways. Contact Ebay and remind them of those rules. Help & Contact is at top and foot of any page, with Live Chat and Request-a-callback available during working hours.

If you haven't already done so, add this piece of sh*t's  Ebay ID to your Blocked Bidders List so he can't darken your doorway again. If you find you can't, that will be because his account no longer exists. Buyers can't block you from blocking them.

Yes, as you've found, buyers can leave feedback after cancellation. You're not a business seller, so you don't have to accept them. In future, open an Unpaid Item case instead, and close as 'unpaid' after 4 full days. That will prevent the buyer from leaving feedback, and any feedback left prior to opening the case will be automatically removed. They will also get an Unpaid Item strike slapped on their account.

Tighten up your Buyer Requirements to lower the risk of getting non-payers and other rogue buyers in the first place (Account...Site Preferences...Buyer Requirements). Pay particular attention to the one which blocks those with 2+ Unpaid Item strikes in 12 months.

@debbie257.123