Can a buyer. Leave feedback after cancelling order

I just sold a ps5.  I listed started at £600. This is what I paid for the console and 2 games. I bought it for my partner Who I am no longer with. Hence the sale.  Bidding went mad. It ended at £993;  soon after the end. I got a request to cancel the order. I am immediately agree to cancel the order only to see this buyer has left me negative feedback calling me greedy scalping scum. How is this right? This buyer has deliberately bid high to leave me malicious feedback.  I have asked for this feedback to be removed and been told it does not qualify for removal. Have I missed something here?  I have also tried to block this member. But his I'd is not valid. Does this mean he has blocked me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

The feedback is totally removeable as it breaches Ebay's feedback rules in several ways. Contact Ebay and remind them of those rules. Help & Contact is at top and foot of any page, with Live Chat and Request-a-callback available during working hours.

If you haven't already done so, add this piece of sh*t's  Ebay ID to your Blocked Bidders List so he can't darken your doorway again. If you find you can't, that will be because his account no longer exists. Buyers can't block you from blocking them.

Yes, as you've found, buyers can leave feedback after cancellation. You're not a business seller, so you don't have to accept them. In future, open an Unpaid Item case instead, and close as 'unpaid' after 4 full days. That will prevent the buyer from leaving feedback, and any feedback left prior to opening the case will be automatically removed. They will also get an Unpaid Item strike slapped on their account.

Tighten up your Buyer Requirements to lower the risk of getting non-payers and other rogue buyers in the first place (Account...Site Preferences...Buyer Requirements). Pay particular attention to the one which blocks those with 2+ Unpaid Item strikes in 12 months.

@debbie257.123 

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

How can they call you that as they push up the auction to the amount they won by.

Actually they are blaming you for themselves bidding too much - that plus the fact they asked you to cancel should be more than enough to get the feedback removed.

Just because the first eBay rep told you that the feedback doesn't qualify for removal doesn't mean that you should give up.  Contact eBay Customer Services again, using the Call Me Back option, and argue your case for the removal of the feedback.  Tell the eBay rep that you believe that the winning bidder who asked to cancel only did so with the intention of disrupting the auction, which is against the rules, and subsequently left you bad feedback when you cancelled the sale as per his/her request.  Point out that as the buyer specifically asked you to cancel the sale he/she should not have been allowed to leave you feedback in relation to the transaction, and really ram home the point that the feedback ought to be removed as the cancellation was the choice of the buyer, and not as a result of you reneging on the deal.  If you get through to an eBay rep with an ounce of sense then you may be able to get the negative feedback removed, as well as the associated defect.

With regards to the sale of this item you could try making a Second Chance Offer to one of the bidders who lost the auction to see whether or not he/she would still be interested in buying the item.  If the Second Chance Offer bidder was gutted to have lost the auction but subsequently gets offered a second chance to purchase the item then you may well be able to sell the item without having to relist it for sale, and you wouldn't even be breaking any eBay rules with regards to selling if you did indeed decide to send a Second Chance Offer and ended up selling the item to the Second Chance Offer bidder as a result.

Finally, if you cannot block the buyer because his ID is not valid then I would suspect that eBay may have thrown him off of the site and closed his account, in which case if that account no longer exists then that may be the reason as to why you cannot block the buyer.  If you suspect that to be the case then use that as an additional reason for the removal of the feedback - if you click on the buyer's User ID and it says something like "No longer a registered user" then it is likely that eBay have closed his account and kicked him off of the site.  It takes ages for a user to close his/her account down, so I would say that the most likely explanation is that this buyer has had his account closed by eBay and been chucked off the site for good, possibly for dodgy buying behaviour.  If so then that should strengthen your own case for getting the feedback removed.  Unless the buyer was also a seller he would not have been able to block you, and even if he hadn't been chucked off of the site and had added you to his Blocked Bidders List that in itself would not stop you from adding his User ID to your own Blocked Bidders List.

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

I would have thought saying "SCUM" would qualify for removal,

contact ebay again & stress it is foul language.