Am I being paranoid most everything that I put on Ebay for sale has an immediate response of 1 view

Am I being paranoid allmost everything that I put on Ebay for sale has an immediate response of 1 view within minutes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

You're not being paranoid - this has been a longstanding fault for years on the site which eBay have never bothered to rectify.  Although I no longer sell on the site, when I was actively selling on eBay - and my last sale was well over a year ago - I would, on some occasions, get "views" on my items within seconds of submitting the listing, even before it had appeared in the search results!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends how you list the item. I've noticed I get an automatic 1 view if I list on my phone. But if I use a browser it shows 0 views.

It's best not to really look at views, as someone else said. Views don't mean much at all as they're not even always intentional. Just look at the 'watchers' count.

the view counter doesn't work prperly, and even if it did, viewers are pointless, only buyers are worth worrying about