a question about seller share% in regards to coupons

Hi 

Just got my  invited to the may 15% coupon clearance sale and though this is great its around my normal offer so ill put everything in that, then after uploading the template i noticed it was saying seller share 70% couldnt find anything about the fees for the coupon on the coupon guide so wanted to clarify. Does this mean ebay will take 30% of any sales through the coupon as basicly an advertising fee or am i completely misunderstanding this ?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yeah you've misunderstood thankfully, it means that if you sell an item for £100 then the buyer pays £85, but ebay fund 30% of the £15 so once the total have been tallied up and you pay your 70% share you owe eBay £10.50 as you get the full £100 when the buyer purchases. This also means that eBay charges fee's on the full £100 though, obviously would be easier if you only got the £85 and then eBay gave you the 30% 60 days later but that would result in eBay losing out on fee's.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Yeah you've misunderstood thankfully, it means that if you sell an item for £100 then the buyer pays £85, but ebay fund 30% of the £15 so once the total have been tallied up and you pay your 70% share you owe eBay £10.50 as you get the full £100 when the buyer purchases. This also means that eBay charges fee's on the full £100 though, obviously would be easier if you only got the £85 and then eBay gave you the 30% 60 days later but that would result in eBay losing out on fee's.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Thank you for explianing just could not find a break down anywhere, im back to thinking this is a great idea again 🙂 everyday is a school day 🙂

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

How were you able to see the break down before uploading the items btw? Standard offers (all items) come with a contract but the upload versions I can never see a contract.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

i had completely the upload and was waiting on them being accepted when i spotted the seller share, thats what made me worry as there is nothing explianing it anywhere before you upload your items, i know i could still decline the contract which is why i really wanted to know what was happening before  i made a decision on that 

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

When do we have to pay the share of the coupon code? Is it included in the seller fees or will we get an invoice going forward?

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: