Why have my listing views dropped to 0?

I have been selling antiques and collectables on eBay for over 20 years but in recent months almost nothing seems to be selling.  I initially put it down to the pandemic and the cost of living crisis but when I checked my for sale listings I discovered that many items had no views and therefore no watchers.  Others had between 1 and 3 views after weeks online.  Can enyone tell me what's going on?  I have been unhappy with eBay's apparent lack of interest in smaller sellers (I have just over 1,000 positive items of feedback after 20 years) but the categorisation in antiques and collectables is questionable to say the least. One of my most popular items used to be Georgian wine glasses.  Now when you put those words into the selling engine it recommends posting the item in "decanters" as there is no category for antique drinking glasses.  There have been several other similarly bizarre examples.  So is ebay trying to squeeze out smaller sellers or is there something else going on?

Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Why have my listing views dropped to 0?

You can't say this:

Please note: I do NOT accept Paypal as I do not have a Paypal account now. I thought I had deleted the option but obviously not as it's still showing up and at this stage I have no idea how to delete it completely as a payment option. Not sure sure how payments work on eBay these days - it's been a long time since I have used this platform for selling purposes.

My preferred payment option is a direct bank wire transfer to my Lloyds Bank business bank account in Falmouth, Cornwall. The details to send the payment directly to me will be sent to you when you send me a private message via the (Contact Seller link) after you have clicked the Buy It Now button.

Payments are now managed by ebay through their managed payments process, if you have not fully signed up for this you will not get paid.  Buyers can still pay ebay by paypal, but you receive ebay's payments to your bank.

Message 21 of 28
See Most Recent

Try Vinted

Message 22 of 28
See Most Recent

With all the new eBay changes and defaults to a category it decides cuts out the vast majority of listing people see and the category changes are a complete joke. Thats why I do not purchase much on eBay now. I do have some collectables to sell but there is no way now I would use eBay to sell anything you pay them and then your listings never get shown, you got to be a nutter to do this. A lot of people have walked away from eBay due to this and many more will do the same. If you sell collectables eBay now isnt the place to sell them, I presume thats what eBay wants and it is working very well.  

Message 23 of 28
See Most Recent

In total agreement with all previous comments, it can't be that if your listing items of the same nature (In my case fishing gear) and you write on those listings "please see my other items if your interested in this item". Someone won't look at my other items? At the moment I have 74 items listed of which 8 have 0 views and 0 watchers and 18 have less than 5 views and 0 watchers, someththings wrong with the system? and I'm beginng to think the if you don't promote an item, you don't get the views or watchers! but on a lot of my items it's not worth paying £1.99 to promote an item I'm selling for £5-£10!

Message 24 of 28
See Most Recent

That’s exactly the conclusion I’ve reached - and you’re right, there’s no
point paying a couple of £s to promote an item selling for under a tenner,
especially as fees charged are significant and eBay even take a % of the
postage costs! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Chris
Message 25 of 28
See Most Recent

I believe that unless you're signing up to the 'promote your listing' and agreeing to pay a higher percentage of your sale to eBay they are no longer giving your items the viewing platform that was originally offered... sad but true I think 😞

Message 26 of 28
See Most Recent

do you know an alternative to ebay where you can sell without any blocking that comes without any arguments ?

Message 27 of 28
See Most Recent

I looked at your store, it's really good

Message 28 of 28
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: