"Item must be dispatched on the same working day that payment is received." - Question

peturning
Conversationalist

Hello all.

I was about to list some things and I had never really dug into the postage section when I list things other than to select a service but I took a look in "listing preferences" in the postage section (after selecting Royal Mail Tracked 48) and noticed this:

In grey text below the "Dispatch time" drop down box it says:

"Item must be dispatched on the same working day that payment is received."

I had never really thought about this before, I tend to just print off a label as soon as something sells but next week I am going to be away from home until Wednesday and would like to get some items listed before Monday ideally... if I use the "Time Away" feature does the above condition still apply? I was planning on setting my "Time Away" until Wednesday.

Thank you, I attached a picture of where I found this.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

"Item must be dispatched on the same working day that payment is received." - Question

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

When you use the eBay "Time Away" feature with the "allow sales while away" option then any purchases during that time automatically have your dispatch time and buyer's estimated delivery date extended. I would use that if away for a couple of days, if away for longer I would not allow sales while away - buyers may not see the "seller away" banner so may not have allowed for the later dispatch.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

peturning
Conversationalist

Update on this, just had a great chat with customer service and they stated that this condition does not apply if using the "Time Away" feature.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent