fees

Hi Everyone,I took the offer of zero selling fees recently,i have just sold an item and yet i been charged any

Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

fees

Thanks for your reply, unclejakko

After review, I can see your listing qualified no problem for the promotion. So, this has been sent for credit approval, and that should be approved within 24-72 hours. Once this is approved, you will the see the funds in your account in 1-2 weeks. It is usually done within the first week, but it can take up to 2 weeks. 

I have also issued a technical report to ensure that listings that are eligible in the future qualify for the promotion no problem.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

fees

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Did you accept the offer and then list your item?

The only recent item I can see was an auction ending 7th March but it was listed on 26th Feb.

Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

The no fees offer started 16 Feb.

Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

Yes i was charged £32 on a £255 item

Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

Hi I sold my item on the 7th march,ebay took £32 from my money from the
sale of £255 ,i had already accepted the no fees offer,ive wasted all
day,impossible to get an answer from ebay
Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

If the item automatcially relisted during the promotion period and sold,  it would not comply to the promotion's T & C's.

Itmes have to be manually listed to activated promotions,  during the promotional duration, and sell within their first cycle of listing.

Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

Did you check the terms and conditions of the offer? I'm just wondering if certain catergories weren't included in the offer, I didn't get that offer so I can't look myself.

Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

It was not relisted it sold first time round
Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

Was it

a) promoted?

b) an international sale?

c) if an international sales, was sales tax to US included in the buyer's total?

These fess are still applicable.

Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

"Please note: if the item does not sell the first time and if it is automatically relisted during the Promotional Period, it will still be eligible for the Promotion discount"

From t&cs

Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

Hi unclejakko, thanks for your post.

If you confirm the item number, I can look into this for you no problem.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

Thank you,The item was a mesa boogie bass cabinet .item
number.266691930684.Thank you again for your attention.Jack Minion
Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

@suelel1968 wrote:

"Please note: if the item does not sell the first time and if it is automatically relisted during the Promotional Period, it will still be eligible for the Promotion discount"

From t&cs

I think this only applies to the recent, very different  Promotion some Private sellers received.  That is, there's a promotion for No Final Value fees, and no insertion fees for 2 months,   therefore yes,  here auto relisted items would comply as they would be in the 2 month period of this promotion.

With no access to the OP's account there's no knowing which promotion they have received as they have not informed us of this.

The usual promotions are for a few days only , and there,  auto relists do not comply.

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

Thanks for your reply, unclejakko

After review, I can see your listing qualified no problem for the promotion. So, this has been sent for credit approval, and that should be approved within 24-72 hours. Once this is approved, you will the see the funds in your account in 1-2 weeks. It is usually done within the first week, but it can take up to 2 weeks. 

I have also issued a technical report to ensure that listings that are eligible in the future qualify for the promotion no problem.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

Thank you.Very much appreciated.J.Minion
Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

Dear eBay Customer Support,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction and concern regarding a recent transaction on eBay that has left me significantly shortchanged. On [17/04/2024], I sold an item on your platform for the agreed price of £305. However, upon receiving my payment, I was shocked to find that I only received £223.75.

This substantial discrepancy in payment has left me in a state of distress and frustration. As a private seller, I rely on accurate and timely payments to sustain my personal needs and meet my financial obligations. The failure to receive the full amount for the item I sold not only undermines my trust in eBay as a reliable marketplace but also poses a significant financial burden on me.

I urge you to investigate this matter promptly and provide me with a clear explanation for why I received significantly less than the agreed-upon sale price. Furthermore, I request that the remaining balance of £81.25 be refunded to me without delay. It is imperative that eBay rectifies this error and ensures that such discrepancies do not occur in the future.

If this issue is not resolved satisfactorily and promptly, I will have no choice but to escalate my concerns through social media channels and other relevant platforms. As a loyal eBay user, I believe in the importance of fair and transparent transactions, and I expect nothing less from your esteemed platform.

I kindly request your immediate attention to this matter and look forward to receiving a swift resolution. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
dondada1342

Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

@dondada1342 

You are not talking to eBay customer support on here,  we are just other members like you with no access to your account.

Before contacting customer support you need to check that ebay has not simply deducted the appropriate selling fees and and listing fees, for example due to listing upgrades.

All details of fees can be found by putting 'fees' into the help search box.

Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

fees

Did you add any of the following optional listing upgrades?

Here is a list of the more common listing upgrades you can select, and they all have non-refundable fees, so payable sale or no sale, and charged the second the item goes live for sale.

A reserve will cost 4% of your set reserve.

Subtitles £2

Gallery Plus Photos £2.50

Listings in 2 categories 35p

1-3 day listing duration 35p

Or,  did you sell an item but the buyer did not pay?  This would still trigger a 12.8% plus 30p seller fee.  If this has happened and you're still within 30 days of the sale open an unpaid item case, and the seller fee will be refunded.

If none of the above apply contact eBay Customer Services they have full access to your account,  which we as  members do not have, and can explain any fee for you.  Any excess paid can be refunded.

To Contact Customer Services, I find the quickest way to contact them, either for a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back, to click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

@dondada1342 

Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent