ebay and their fantasy EDD's

Just posted an item today - to Northern Ireland, it was posted RM 2nd class recorded..

I would like to publicly show my support for ebay and their EDD's as (and leaving aside the fact that apparently I upload tracking at 3.25am this morning) under ebay's watch the RM have improved their service level to such an extent (under ebay's guidance and tutelage), that the 2nd class recorded item I have JUST POSTED should be with the buyer tomorrow, and at the vey latest on saturday!

I am delighted with this awesome service and have already messaged my buyer who I'm sure will be delighted..

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

You are not alone!!

There are a great many threads on the topic going back over many, many months on this board (just run through the pages at the bottom of this page).

The current incarnation is on The Business Seller Board  --  "Ebays false estimated delivery dates..........", where I've just said more or less the same thing  --  according to ebays FDDs everything should be delivered the day after the seller's Handling Time ends.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

But everyone has a post office in their living room...................well, according to Bay anyway🙄

Photobucket

"Take deep breaths, it'll soon be gone"

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

And just to add another twist to EDDs - bought something Monday evening.

EDD given today (07/03) as expected.

Check tracking and eBay message is that there's a slight delay on the estimated delivery day of 5th-6th.

Eh? - No - the EDD was the 7th and it arrived today the 7th - the original date.

But as the buyer - which of eBay’s dates do I take?

Is the item late or on time?

eBay continues at its pathetic best.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

To celebrate the re-starting of this topic on Seller Central, I've written a poem 🙄

"A Sellers Dilemma."

It doesn't matter what you sell

or where you send it to.

In ebayland it's always way too slow 

and the faults always with you.

Allow two days to send it,

or maybe three or four.

It makes no difference anyway, unless

next day it's at the buyers door.

How can I hope to hit this target,

impossible though it is?

Ebay can't or will not tell me

Which I think is really taking the (?)

Sorry, I couldn't think of a rhyme for the last verse  🤔

Good luck everyone, just remember that old American saying "The difficult we do today, the impossible takes a little longer"

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

two of the items i have sold in the past couple of weeks are showing that they are running late on delivery, tell that to the buyers who have left positive feedback within a couple of days of my posting the items!  The whole estimated delivery  business is a bad joke.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: