eBay GSP cost from UK to US is insane

I use eBay GSP for my international sales. Had a few customers from the US asking if the shipping costs were correct. 

Item is a small electronic PCB - 100g in weight and cost around £12 with free local (UK) shipping. 

eBay GSP want $200 for shipping. 

I know shipping to the US is expensive but this is crazy!

Guessing there is not much I can do to enquire why it's so expensive. 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Typical - just after I post this I found the answer in another thread. Someone said check the weight. 

I had 100 in the KG field and not the G field! 

Corrected and the cost is much more respectable. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Typical - just after I post this I found the answer in another thread. Someone said check the weight. 

I had 100 in the KG field and not the G field! 

Corrected and the cost is much more respectable. 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

GSP is expensive for buyers - I just looked randomly at one of your items and postage cost to USA would be about £13, so not very close to $200.

You can check the cost yourself - just click on 'postage' for the item and change your location to USA.

You can always offer buyers Royal Mail tracked if GSP cost puts them off bidding.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Where did you see this? If a buyer told you it  could be a ruse to cheat you into sending by some other means outside the eBay system. 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Glad this worked out. I've made that mistake but I didn't want to suggest you had, too.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent