buyer has requested i post to a different address to that on the invoice, will i be covered

buyer has requested i post to a different address to that on the invoice, will i be covered , I seem to remember that one had to send to a registered address?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

buyer has requested i post to a different address to that on the invoice, will i be covered

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

to be covered you must send to the address eBay gave you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

You need to send the item to the delivery address provided with the eBay order. If you send it to any other address (including the buyer's registered address) you will not have any protection if the buyer opens an "item not received" case.

The best thing to do in these situations is to cancel the sale selecting "Problem with buyer's address" as the reason. Let the buyer know they can purchase the item again but they will need to enter the correct delivery address during purchase. If the buyer tells you they can't enter a different address or anything similar block them and ignore any future messages.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

to be covered you must send to the address eBay gave you.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Many Thanks Indeed!

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Many thanks Indeed, as I thought!

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Make sure you don't confuse the address shown on the invoice and the address shown in 'order details' in your sold items when you are logged into your Ebay account.

The address shown in 'order details' is the address your buyer chose at checkout and is the address you must send to although it may be different to the address on the invoice.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent