Zero feedback- member since March 2024

In two minds on this one;

- Sell item to them if they win. Everyone has to start on eBay at some point, I did in October 2000 with zero feedback.

- Block them from bidding in case they win and are a scammer. Even if I send to address as adviced by ebay after they have paid, they could say parcel arrived empty or issue a return and send back an empty box.

Reading these forums I doubt that eBay would even take my side against a zero feedback buyer

or would they?

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

If they registered in March 24 then they're a new eBayer.

It's impossible to tell who is genuine and who is setting out to part you from your item and your money.

The one time I was scammed it was by a buyer (who also had some healthy sales too) with over 600 feedback.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

It saddens me to see so many posts re mistrust,how the world has changed,not just online.

Shame really that the "good old days" will probably not reappear ☹️.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

As previously commented, joined in March 2024 then they are new to eBay and as you say we all have to start somewhere. 

Some sellers block bidders with zero feedback which I find unfair to new buyers on eBay.

If is was me I would trust the buyer but send it signed for.  I don't know how heavy it is but anyone would know if they received an empty box just by the weight and refuse delivery. Reverse is true you would know if it was returned you would know it was an empty box and refuse delivery too informing the delivery company to mark their refused delivery reason as "empty box"

Who knows though, eBay are a law unto themselves  seller protection means nothing to them.

Again, trust your buyer, who knows he/she may come back and purchase again.

Just my opinion.

Best wishes

Jem

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

@jere-nott wrote:

I don't know how heavy it is but anyone would know if they received an empty box just by the weight and refuse delivery. Reverse is true you would know if it was returned you would know it was an empty box and refuse delivery too informing the delivery company to mark their refused delivery reason as "empty box"

Who knows though, eBay are a law unto themselves  seller protection means nothing to them.

Just my opinion.

If the buyer refused delivery it should negate the eBay MBG.

If a seller refuses a return delivery as far as eBay are concerned attempted delivery is enough for the buyer to get a refund.

But you are right in eBay are a law to themselves when following their own policies.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Further to my previous reply, there are some nutcase buyers out there.

For example, I sold a  collection of Postage Stamps 1841 1d Red Plates, 251 stamps plated 71 to 224 and clearly stated no plate 77.      Very rare stamp Plate 77, catalogue value c£600,000.00                             

BIN price was £195 but I accepted his offer of £125.

Buyer messaged me on several ocaisions saying be may have paid too much and probably had most of the plates anyway. Anyway he paid and I sent Special Next Day delivery.

I got a message from the buyer saying there was no plate 77 and he left libellous negative feedback calling me a conman and a fraudster! eBay has since removed the stupid feedback. 

He sent the stamps back (in a mess I might add) but I did manage to sort them out and I refunded him in full.

I checked this guy out and he has a history and leaving negative feedback for sellers, needless to say the idiot is on my block bidders list.

This was an isolated incident, 99.9% of buyers are genuine and I have many repeat buyers. Give those with zero feedback a chance.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Why have most of the responders to OP question have zero listing?

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

probably because a lot of sellers have two accounts, one for their business and one for personal (at least that is what i understand) or the other thing is that they may not want some 'nutter' going on to their listings and damaging them out of spite if they do not agree with the person complaining about something.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

..."refuse delivery..." - if lucky otherwise "signed for" too often means the postie "signs", often before the postie arrives on your property, especially if the item fits through a letterbox.

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

What a plonker!!!! There are only 5 known used plate 77's known in existence, of which only three are in private hands!!! (and no I don't own one!!). Think the last one sold for half a million from memory.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: