Zero Feedback Buyers

Hi, if an ebayer has been registered for a number of years, is it odd to not have any history of sales, purchases and hence no feedback either. I have not used ebay for some time and am trying to sell an expensive item. I have had an offer from such an ebayer. I dont want to unfairly think less of this ebayer but am worried about a smooth transaction. I read the warnings about scams. Is there any extra precautions one should,or could take.regards.smdc Regards,smdc.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Zero Feedback Buyers

If it is the accordion, I would not be happy to sell to someone as you have described. If you do decide to accept their offer, make sure you only send to the address suppplied by Ebay, don't send if the buyer asks for it to be sent to any other. Also, be aware that some couriers will not offer compensation for loss or damage on it. Enter the tracking details as soon as you buy the carriage.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Zero Feedback Buyers

If you do not want to sell the eBayer.

Block first & then decline the offer, so they will not be able to buy. 

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Zero Feedback Buyers

No bids yet so >> Consider Cash on collection is allowed and recommended using these links as there is little a Seller can do to speed up payment by any Card payment method to avoid a 14 days or more eBay Payment hold ... QR codes confirming payment and item receipt are not essential for Buyer collection items.   Buyers signature on order printoff may be useful in event that you need to confirm collection /delivery ... so minimal risk of future disputes re. damage etc. >>

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816...

Collection in person ... Buyer sees >
You can contact your seller to arrange to pay for and collect your item.

0n collection/delivery (using a PC/Laptop is best), return to the sold item and mark as paid and despatched in dropdown menu on right hand side ... See the information in these links to list Cash on Collection items >

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/posting-items/setting-postage-options/local-collection?id=4181%3...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/postage-delivery/changing-delivery-address-method/local-pickup?id...

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Zero Feedback Buyers

Think of all the issues that could go wrong, then cover those avenues.

I often (weekly) seel to zero or low feedback buyers, just insist on the services that have your interests. EG well insured delivery, tracked/signed, cash on collection, whats best for your interests. If its a genuine buyer they will understand the reason for any extra cost. 

Not all bad buyers, just make sure its the sale the way you want it 

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Zero Feedback Buyers

I always look at accounts that have been open for a few years and never had any feedback at all as suspect.

It could possibly be a hacked account.

You would probably still get a buyer if you offered collection only - you can request that the buyer pays cash.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Zero Feedback Buyers

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

I've never really found any correlation between buyer feedback / recent activity and sale outcome. I've sold plenty of items to zero feedback buyers without issue. But also had problems with buyers who had lots of feedback and years of history but turned out to be unreasonable and or idiots.

If you are selling commodity items (phone cables, vitamin supplements, whatever) then you might expect to get buyers who buy online regularly, so mostly experienced buyers. However, if you are selling a unique/rare item then it may legitimately attract a buyer who rarely buys online, so they will have no/little feedback.

There is always some inherent level of risk in buying online. Partitcularly if item is large and/or fragiel. If uncomfortable with that then you might insist on collection only, because it cuts out most (but NOT all) of the risks. As long as you accept the item may take longer to sell and you will have to refuse buyers who want the item posted.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent