Worth using something like Zik Analytics as a new Ebay business seller?

I've been an Ebay member since 2004 and have sold a lot of things over the years, with 100% positive feedback. I've been interested in starting a small business (buying wholesale and selling individually) using places such as Alibaba, DHGate, etc.

I'm not looking to become a millionaire, and would be more than content just having a steady income, even if it doesn't make me rich.

The issue is, I've got no idea what to sell. I did some research and found that wireless chargers sell quite well on Ebay, so I placed an order from DHGate for 100 wireless chargers, just to see how I get on. I thought I'd looked thoroughly enough over Ebay and the sold listings etc. and assumed I'd make a decent profit, but having looked further after placing my order I realised that the wireless chargers I'd ordered were selling for around £3 including P&P. Once Ebay takes their cut, and I have to pay for P&P, my profit would be almost non existent, so I scrapped that idea.

I'm still interested but I'm at a loss as to what exactly I should be looking to sell, considering the competition on Ebay is enormous and I'd be lucky to compete with any of the big power sellers.

Would it be worth paying for a program such as Zik Analytics to help me find out exactly what to sell, and the profit potential?

I don't think I'd have any issue actually selling the products, but I just need them to have a big enough profit margin to make it worthwhile.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 1
See Most Recent
0 REPLIES 0