Where can I see all my old posts?

Hello

On my profile page I can see I have posted 45 times, however, where can I see these posts please? It's been a while since (years) I've been here and the forum now looks very different, so I'm thinking perhaps we have no way to access old posts now, or am I just not looking in the right place?

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Hi

Whilst in here you would usually click on your username and then there are options to see your replies and posts.

All that is showing is your current post 😞 so i presume that as its been a few years Ebay must have deleted all the older ones.   Not sure for how long posts stay on the boards.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

I'm not sure of the timeframe but there must be a timescale whereby old posts do not show.

You just click  on your username ID  then on posts , which just shows this current one.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Over the years I've sometimes added photos to my posts / replies, they're still on my "About theelench" page under the username.   Some of them (ATM) go back to 2018.  I don't know if that was the first photo I added, but it's the first one being shown currently.

If I click on a photo it will show the details of the thread and my reply that the photo refers to and I can access the thread.

If the OP added any photos, they can get back to those threads via the photos.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

I've just been looking at some of my photos, wondering why I added them and it seems that sometime after about 2020 ebay stopped adding the link from the photo to the thread.  So perhaps that route is now closed, or perhaps ebay hid the link somewhere else?

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks all, looks like my old posts are lost in the wild, eaten by a bear, or livin' it up.

Happy Friday! 😁

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

If a thread hasn't received any replies for 6 months it is "archived". You can sometimes find an old thread title on Google but when you click on the link the resulting page states "The content you are looking for has been archived. View related content below." Once a thread has been "archived" you no longer have access to your replies to it.

I'm not actually sure what "archived" means; there certainly doesn't seem to be any way of accessing said archive. I understand the reasoning behind "old" content needing to be read-only - it prevents the resurrection of dead (and often irrelevant) threads. eBay seems to have gone one further with the community boards, however; the "archived" content doesn't just seem to be read only but completely inaccessible. It makes me wonder whether "archived" really means "deleted".   

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent