When you list an item saying you'll pay the postage but the buyer decides to pay can you stop that?

I recently sold an item and although I said I'd pay for postage they paid for it. Is there anyway to over rule that?

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

When you list an item saying you'll pay the postage but the buyer decides to pay can you stop that?

If you list an item with freepost you pay the postage.

If you list an item with postage added your buyer has no choice but to pay the postage at checkout.

Your recently sold items were listed both ways.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

You have only one item in your sold items with free postage. Did you list it through Ebay GSP? If so, there is still a postage charge which is paid to Ebay.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

So it looks like I made a mistake. Either way it got taken to the drop off point the next working day. Then the courier messed up.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

In what way did the courier mess up?

It doesn't matter if you had free postage or not free postage for your item, you have to buy a postage label for the courier.  It makes no difference to the courier if the postage was part of the item price of charged separately.

If you feel you have overcharged your buyer you can do a partial refund.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

First of all they failed to pick it up.

The buyer had to change the delivery date once as they weren't in then again at a later date which at that point they shipped it back even though the new delivery date is still four days away.

I just want to refund the buyer it they are happy with that then start again.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Now if they are happy with a refund how do I remove it from listing?

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Click relist or sell similar then scroll down to below the item price. The postage price will be shown with a box to tick for free postage underneath that. Or just change the postage price to zero.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent