What's going on now!! having to send invoices for offers accepted?

Just sold an item, that I accepted an offer on.

WHY does it show as 'send invoice now' (which I have done) I have NEVER had to do that before.

I thought you could only make an offer on an item when your funding was in place and as a seller, you got paid automatically, so it stopped the 'make offer' and then not seeing it through to payment.

The purchaser has yet to make payment.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Sellers requiring automatic payments for offers is supposed to be optional.

eBay did turn it on though for sellers without telling them.

Check to see if it's been turned off in your buyer requirements.

It's at the bottom of this page.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements 

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Thanks for that, Just checked, and the automatic payments is turned on!

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

If you send an offer the restrictions you may have set such as "require immediate payment" etc do not apply.

Yes. It's a problem, it isn't made clear to you when you use the Send Offer function but equally it would be impossible for it to apply since eBay allows anyone to Watch an item.

Of course the clean way of this happening would be for the offer to simply fail if the user doesn't immediately pay and move to the next but it doesn't work like that and you can get caught out by non-paying users.

Then it's a long wait until you can cancel and relist... frustrating and really puts you off using "Send Offer" since it is a risk.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Hello, just to let you know that regardless of your settings, it is still possible for a buyer to make an offer without authorising an automatic payment, which is possibly why you are being requested to send invoices.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Yeah I think I saw a buyer detail the process here before, it's probably becoming well known how to defeat this requirement.

From what I gather they were just causing the bank authorisation process to fail by some means and then eBay was happily continuing as recording the item as sold but unpaid regardless of the buyer requirements the seller had set.

Definitely a problem that needs addressed urgently. If they don't want to fix this they could make the relist due to non payment process a lot less painfully slow for sellers to mitigate the annoyance but I think just fixing the 'bug' above would be better.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent