Verification ID Codes - Lost Phone - Why don't eBay offer text OR email ALTERNATIVE on all A/Cs??

I was sick to death anyway of having to get sent eBay verification codes to my mobile phone every time my laptop re-booted, but as I do not currently have the phone I was unable to receive the text codes, and spoke to eBay 2 days ago re the x3 accounts this has affected.  Woman in USA with kids in background said she would raise a report!  3 Accounts on 3 different emails.  I have a few things listed, and cannot deal with any questions or sales until this is sorted!

Now I have just got in to my partner's account to post this message! He is asleep with his mobile phone under the pillow waiting for his early morning alarm so as to go and delivery parcels for Royal Mail on Easter Sunday..... Many from eBay sellers, keeping your customers happy..... ANYWAY I FOUND HIS ACCOUNT OFFERED VERIFICATION CHOICE BY PHONE TEXT OR EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  No problem, verification code sent to his email that I have access to, so was able to enter his code and bingo here I am typing at 5:30 in the morning (NOPE its 6.30 as the clocks have gone forward, so I will stay up another half hour so as to wake my partner, save him being late for work!!!), so frustrated that I can not access my own accounts the same way!

PLEASE EBAY GIVE ALL ACCOUNTS THE OPTION TO RECEIVE YOUR VERIFICATION CODES BY PHONE TEXT OR EMAIL!  LIKEWISE YOUR OFFERS, FOR THIS ACCOUNT HAS NOT HAD AN 80% OFF FVFs or even 70% OFF FVFs for 18 months, and yet my accounts receive those offers every 2 weeks, and one of them got an offer for 100% OFF FVF until 3rd week of April, albeit I have not used it as I was away until recently.

REALLY is all so much NONSENSE.  NO CONSISTENCY ACCROSS THE BOARD.  People are FED UP!!!!!!   Sort yourselves out!  I want to get in to my own accounts again, and not have to wait for the outcome of someone's report in USA!  I gave them all my eBay user names + different email addresses, so *bleep* could they not just send a verification code to each of the emails?????   Just like I have done on my partner's account just now without any issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRAZY.  Sorry to go on, but I am just a 64 year old woman, frustrated by the ways of the world now and the mess created by robots, and people's lack of common sense!  Beam me up Scotty!

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Verification ID Codes - Lost Phone - Why don't eBay offer text OR email ALTERNATIVE on all A/Cs??

STILL WAITING!  This is absurd, must happen time and time again and losing 1000s of buyers and sellers due to this ridiculous system of only allowing verifications to mobile phones that may get stolen, lost, break or bad coverage!

THIS IS THE ONLY ACCOUNT WE CAN CURRENTLY ACCESS, as given the choice of mobile text or email verification.  Logged in on email verification!

eBay when the hell are you going to sort this out????  Can't post, can't answer queries, can't delist items from other accounts as can't ruddy access them down to your total incompetence!

HOW DO I GET BACK IN TO 3 OTHER ACCOUNTS THAT I HAVE GIVEN YOU THE EMAILS FOR, 2 DAYS AGO!!!  All I want is an email verification option and it would have been all so simple!

THIS SITE DRIVES ME TO DESPAIR WITH ALL ITS GLITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

SO FAR A BIG FAT RED NEGATIVE EBAY!  You sent me this to one of the emails affected on Friday night at 8:25pm, following my calling you.  IT IS NOW  SUNDAY NIGHT 11:30pm and STILL YOU HAVE NOT SORTED OUT THE ISSUE!  VERIFICATIONS CODES PLEASE TO 3 X  EMAILS for x3 AFFECTED ACCOUNTS.... IT IS THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!  Why oh why is it so difficult to deal with this Company?  No wonder trade is so down, no wonder you have lost customers, down to your appalling customer service, and appalling programmers with planting GLITCHES GALORE!!!  It's a nightmare of a site these days.

Hi Susan, you were just in touch with our customer service team and we'd like to know how we did.
To get started, how satisfied were you with your customer service experience overall?
hfra36_0-1711924087858.png

hfra36_1-1711924087860.png

hfra36_2-1711924087862.png

hfra36_3-1711924087864.png

hfra36_4-1711924087866.png

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Anyone monitoring????

Called AGAIN Tuesday evening, got passed from Agent 1, to Agent 2 to Agent 3 over a period of ONE HOUR.  Gave all the details all over again.  Said last time Agent had incorrectly recorded a number and had only raised request for x1 account and not 3.  WASTED ANOTHER HOUR OF MY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assured all would be sorted in 48 hours, that time is now well and truly up eBay, and I have x2 sales on x1 account to deal with and x1 sale on another account!

ARE YOU JUST PLAIN IDIOTS OR WHAT??????
And received this again after wasting my time for another hour!  YOU HAVE SO FAR DONE NOTHING TO FIX THIS SITUATION IN A WEEK!!!!

Hi S M, you were just in touch with our customer service team and we'd like to know how we did.
To get started, how satisfied were you with your customer service experience overall?
hfra36_0-1712266245080.png

hfra36_1-1712266245082.png

hfra36_2-1712266245081.png

hfra36_3-1712266245083.png

hfra36_4-1712266245083.png

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: