The Ebay Buyer and Seller know right from wrong but do Ebay ?

I read once the suggestionn that at 10 years old we know right from wrong.  It's not something we need spend longer to learn it's just something we choose not to follow or to manipulate for our own gains.

If we include ourselves in Ebay taking the decision to use absolute integrity in our Buying and Selling experiences only to find Ebay are not doing the same that can lead to great dissapointent.

Ebay potentially is great but it's greatness can not be determined by us alone it needs more input from Ebay.  I feel my integrity over the years was abused not by selllers so much or buyers (thats just a reality we can't control) but by poor decision making from the platform itself.  I absolutely will not change my ways to fit in with that. Why change things that we all learn at age 10 that we know are right and make effort to follow to fit in with ways that we know are fundamentally wrong.

Any comments appreciated - does anyone feel the same way as me.  Am I the one unable to fit in and follow this dishonest streak is it my failing.

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Apologies if that wasn't clear. I suppose what I am saying is that we need feel that Ebay begins from a position of integrity not dishonesty when dealing with us.  It would make those manipulating/ abusing the platform think twice about demanding support for something they just made up or broke or incorectly purchased because they didn't read the listing.  

And it would make those that felt they done their part of the transaction such as describing condition fairly , shipping ontime etc etc like they would have a good case requesting support.  Not like they may get all the polite words but totally non commital actions from support.  

I was into business selling for many years and the only weapon related to all the stated Ebay seller suppport that was true was if I had tracking on an item and it was shown delivered and to the correct address that Ebay would fall on my side. 

In every other aspect even from suggested seller suport subjects I was never backed agaist the buyer. I had to fight tooth and nail to be supported.  Belive me many people would not have been able to complete - it aged me! 

If you are doing it as a token gesture you wouldn't win believe me.  You have to be terrier like in determination it's not for the faint hearted - I didn't get anyone else to pack up my 57,000 orders - I done it. Not for everyone may I say.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Can you put this in some context?

Have you bought an item that isn't as described?

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Problem is, eBay's arogance. They believe they are beyond the law and common ethics.

Photobucket

"Take deep breaths, it'll soon be gone"

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Yes there are indeed all kinds of sellers and buyers on the site..some good some bad.

Ebay do give members some tools to deal with both.....how effective those tools are is up for debate.

My view is that children should know right from wrong around the age of 5 if parented correctly.

Often its the parents that need educating.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

It'll be interesting to compare which posters agree with OP, against those who do not. I'm not having a go at OP, but, while eBay isn't perfect, I do think the more experienced sellers will be happier overall, than less experienced sellers who may just have been unlucky, or simply haven't understood the processes.

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

I am not at all sure what I am supposed to be agreeing, or disagreeing, with.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Apologies if that wasn't clear. I suppose what I am saying is that we need feel that Ebay begins from a position of integrity not dishonesty when dealing with us.  It would make those manipulating/ abusing the platform think twice about demanding support for something they just made up or broke or incorectly purchased because they didn't read the listing.  

And it would make those that felt they done their part of the transaction such as describing condition fairly , shipping ontime etc etc like they would have a good case requesting support.  Not like they may get all the polite words but totally non commital actions from support.  

I was into business selling for many years and the only weapon related to all the stated Ebay seller suppport that was true was if I had tracking on an item and it was shown delivered and to the correct address that Ebay would fall on my side. 

In every other aspect even from suggested seller suport subjects I was never backed agaist the buyer. I had to fight tooth and nail to be supported.  Belive me many people would not have been able to complete - it aged me! 

If you are doing it as a token gesture you wouldn't win believe me.  You have to be terrier like in determination it's not for the faint hearted - I didn't get anyone else to pack up my 57,000 orders - I done it. Not for everyone may I say.

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

eBay began in 1995, so well over 12.  

Millennial, in fact.  Which is vaguely reassuring, after all it could be gen z!

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

I sold a Reiss Velour Top on EBAY, I posted the item in the recommended padded envelope at my local Post Office Branch, I collected the receipt for proof of posting

It should have arrive a day or so later, but the buyer did not receie the item, I sent her the tracking number and a photo of the receipt

She opened a case against me regarding the non delivery of the top

I contacted EBAY Customer Services re this issue on the buyers behalf

They have seen all communication and have given a refund to the buyer

Where is my compensaion for the loss of the item and the money paid for postage???

In this regard I have now closed my account after 11 years

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

@dec121212* 

If your buyer did not receive their item you have to refund. That is not only a condition of the MBG, but is also the right thing to do.

You are now responsible for claiming from the courier for your lost parcel. Hopefully you used the correct postage method for the item and are insured for loss and damage.

******************************************************************************************