Shipping Furniture - Advice Please!

I have a few pieces of nice furniture that I am planning to sell on Ebay.

Obviously I will improve my chances of making a sale and getting a good price if I offer a courier as well as a pick up option. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on how to best estimate the cost of shipping furniture with a courier - either as an additioal cost or to factor into the price?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In the Postage section add another postage option besides collection - select 'Courier: oversized items' from the dropdown menu and in your listing description state that courier cost will depend on the buyers location, and to get in touch to get a price.

You can't exchange address details unless an item has been sold, but can ask what town/city they're based in, and can then work out the courier price.

Once the item has been sold you can send an eBay invoice featuring the courier cost, your buyer can then pay via eBay checkout.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Depending on the size of the items check the couriers on here:

http://www.interparcel.com/quote/

Interparcel supply their own tracking numbers which can get complicated if you need to claim so it's best to book direct with the courier you decide on.  Just Google for their website.

Or these are good for large/heavy items:

http://www.shiply.com

Put in the details and they'll send you some quotes to choose from.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Hi

Thanks for your advice and for coming back so quickly.

I have used Shiply in the past for collecting things and found it to be an excellent site. The cost of shipping though will obviously vary widely depending on the destination and where the buyer is. I guess that there is no way around this - all I can think of is to pick an average price from similar things on Ebay and benefit if the buyer is local or lose out a bit if far away?

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

In the Postage section add another postage option besides collection - select 'Courier: oversized items' from the dropdown menu and in your listing description state that courier cost will depend on the buyers location, and to get in touch to get a price.

You can't exchange address details unless an item has been sold, but can ask what town/city they're based in, and can then work out the courier price.

Once the item has been sold you can send an eBay invoice featuring the courier cost, your buyer can then pay via eBay checkout.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Fantastic - thanks very much for your help. Will do as you advise.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent