Scam of packlink.. Do not use

I sold items on eBay and bought postage label from packlink via ebay. 2 of the items has been delivered to the wrong address despite clear address and name. I have reached Ebay help but they are refusing to help saying it has nothing to do with them and should contact packlink. When I contacted them they denied request of lost items saying that the carrier says it was delivered. I can't put it in their thick mind that it was delivered but to the wrong address, both parcels. I had 2 other incidents with packlink last month as one item was never delivered and the other item was broken. They tried to blame mis-packaging but according to the buyer "it looks like they played football with it"... As a seller, I'm not protected at all.. What shall I do now? 

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

Common issue. Consider how much more time and effort you are willing to put in trying to deal with the uselesness of Packlink.

When you purchase labels via Packlink, you have to make claims via Packlink. eBay will refer you to Packlink, the courier (Evri/Yodel/DPD etc.) will refer you to Packlink.

In my experience Packlink deliberately don't provide much customer service and you will have to chase them repeatedly to hope to get any compensation. Before you do that, first check that the items you have sent are included in the items compensated by the courier - Evri have a very long list of excluded items so if your item isn't covered then Packlink will refuse your claim even if misdelivered (you will at best get the postage cost back).

My advice is don't use Packlink for items of any value, or where you want to be able to have loss/damage claims paid out. I am not convinced that Packlink provide a service that is good enough for eBay to recommend it to private sellers. (It may be suitable for business sellers who can average out losses over large volume, and/or have a legal team to enforce their contractual rights).

I would also agree that in my experience the cheap couriers such as Evri do seem to handle parcels more roughly than other couriers. So if you still want to use Evri (because of cost saving) then package the item how you would normally, then put the whole thing in another box with padding. Or if that's not worth the effort, consider using one of the better couriers, because you don't save money if items are lost or damaged regularly.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Avoid Packlink like a plague. They may charge random amount from your paypal weeks after label purchase claiming that the parcel was oversized/overweight. They certainly do it without any message or warning, you only see charged amount  and allow appeal if you have parcel photo with measure aligned to it (LOL). Paypal refunded me when this happened and I did not even bother to respond to Packlink any further, then removed their access and I only use Royal Mail since then.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Evri and Packlink together for me have been great. If something is delivered without a photo or shows up damaged, or doesnt show up I always get 100%  compensation and refund. Maybe its just their partnership with evri that works so well. Only had 1 time Ive had an issue with them when they claim my package really weighed 3000kg and evris decision was final. But to me sending thru evri and packlink has been stress free.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

I believe Packlink are a complete scam and rip off!   I insured an item and when it arrived damaged they refused to pay out when it got damaged siting the excuse "it was too old" as they asked me when it was made and I told them 1930's as it was a plate!    I will NEVER USE THEIR POSTAGE LABELS IN FUTURE !   They also regularly try to overcharge me for postage, even though I always measure my items and weigh them before posting but as you cannot challenge their overcharge, they think they can  get away with doing it without any comeback !   Well they have robbed me for the last time !

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

I agree entirely, that has been my experience!    Evri handing is very rough, one of my "Fragile" items was nearly dropped by the CS assistant at the shop that takes collections so they have no hope with Evri !!  In future I will be using Royal Mail.   At least they take them off you carefully if they are marked "Fragile" !

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

I too have been scamed over and over again.First thought it was me but now know it isn't.

2 records at 700g and they claimed was 1250g. Evri tracking code doesn't work for contact on ebay.

I wonder why all of a sudden.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent