Royal mail have changed last collection time

Royal mail recently put stickers on post boxes (Margate ,Kent) saying new system starts on 8th April, but have already started it Mon 18th March.The problem is last collection from box in my road (which is a main "A" road) was 4pm, so i was able to get most of my orders from the day away  in that collection. However under the new policy the postman who delivers our mail around 1pm, now collects the post from the box,and that is last collection of the day,so RM have knocked 3 hours off.On Saturdays, hes here araound 10am.Now have to trapes accross town, to another box to post anything any later.Has anybody else heard of this ludicrus policy in there area.Im sure its not just a local issue.Ive complained to royal mail, but havnt heard back yet,although i doubt it will make any difference.Also reported to Ofcom, but they need loads of complaints to do anything, so if anyone else affected please report to them and Rm.Finally the most stupid thing of all is the van that used to stop and empty the box,still goes along the road to collect from boxes not affected.You couldnt make it up.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Yeah, in our town, RM changed all but one postbox to 9.15am collection. We have 1 box outside the post office that has a 6pm collection. It is very inconvenient to find parking to use this 6pm collection postbox. Progress, eh?!

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

We have had that system here now for about 5 years, its nothing new, where by the posties collect on their round. Our last collection is 17.00 from our PO or just before. Its no biggie, and makes a lot of sense to be honest.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent