Reduced fee promotions since February 2023 ?

I used to receive regular reduced fee promotions, whether it was 70% off, 80% off or maximum £1 etc.

Apparently, like many on here, these abruptly stopped in late February 2023.  My wife has continued to receive a promotion every 2 weeks on her eBay account without exception since that point. Not a single one for me. eBay advise that they are random, but the evidence appears to contradict that.

Anyway, there are several threads on this situation from others.

My question is for anyone in this position who also experienced these promotions suddenly ceasing in February. Has any private seller had a promotion granted to them since then, say after a couple of months without any. I'm curious if most people are in the same position as myself - when the promotions stopped, they have disappeared completely (so far). 

Or whether sellers in that position have been gradulally seeing them re-appear once again.

Message 1 of 68
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You are correct in that there are several threads on this subject, including this one which posed the same question that you have asked, so you may find your answer there.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 68
See Most Recent
67 REPLIES 67

Maybe Ebay are thinking you are not registered correctly going on the amount of current and sold items ?.

Message 2 of 68
See Most Recent

You are correct in that there are several threads on this subject, including this one which posed the same question that you have asked, so you may find your answer there.

Message 3 of 68
See Most Recent

Perfect - thanks thesmi42.

I must have totally missed that, I'll catch up on it now.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 68
See Most Recent

Hi

did you manage to find the reason and rectify it?
I couldn't find the solution!

Message 5 of 68
See Most Recent

Hi

did you find the reason and the solution as would love to know as I have had no offers since 27 Feb2023!

Message 6 of 68
See Most Recent

Hi I have not recieved the invite too I have above average seller rating I recieved the invite 2 weeks ago and 2 weeks before that I accepted and used it saved quite alot on fees wondering why I have not recieved them this weekend.

Message 7 of 68
See Most Recent

Unfortunately not liz1960cerocam7w

It looks like eBay have now decided to archive that thread. Many theories had been proposed.   eg - only selling low-value items, making purchases on that eBay account, geographical location etc, etc. However, each theory put forward was quickly discounted by someone else saying that their experience proved it to be incorrect.

We ended up being none the wiser, but it highlighted that a substantial number of sellers (with apparently nothing in common) were excluded from the reduced-fee promotions in February 2023. It appears that those that were excluded at that point have not been offered any of these promotions since then, whilst other similar sellers have had promotions every fortnight. All very odd.

Sellers reported their calls to eBay with the "Customer Service" folks invariably advising that it is completely random and not to worry, it was likely that a promotion would appear soon.

From a personal point, I was one of those who last had a reduced-fee promotion appear in February and my wife has received one every fortnight since. I reckon that's 21 times in a row now.  Random ??   I am clearly not alone, there are very many having similar experiences.

Having said that, my attempts to sell on eBay these days is so futile, that reduced-fee promotions are virtually worthless anyway.  
Message 8 of 68
See Most Recent

i had it every two weeks but then stopped around the same time as you, i never got it back, i even tried opening a new account but still no offer after 6 months.

Message 9 of 68
See Most Recent

"Customer Service"  advising that it is completely random and not to worry. is complete bull.  seems ebay cant tell the truth.  buts seems lots of business sellers are using a private account to sell.  and ebay being lazy to check who.  ebay has decided to label everyone guilty and put all eggs in one basket.  mine stppped in march after 13yrs receiving them.  so were is the "its random" logic in this after 13yrs.

Message 10 of 68
See Most Recent

I used to sell loads but this year due to not receiving any 80% off offers most of the year I now sell on most other sites from FB to Amazon. Ebay just continues to shoot themselves in the foot. Plus also now nearly all buyers try and get refunds/partial refunds knowing Ebay will always side with them and not the sellers. EBay has become a pathetic, selfish place for most here these days

Message 11 of 68
See Most Recent

i agree.  without sellers there is no ebay.

Message 12 of 68
See Most Recent

I too have NOT received seller promotions since Feb 23rd,   I originally thought it may be the fact I went on a 2-week holiday and had no EBay selling in March. But clearly that's not the reason.  I have been selling lots inthe last 3 months, many items around £15 each, but even getting good sales, and having 100% FB is not seen as good enough.
Shame as I have a £250 item I'm planning on listing next week, fees about £30 I suppose. OUCH.   So very unfair they charge fees on the postage element.

Message 13 of 68
See Most Recent

I know this will sound odd (hope I'm not shooting my self in the foot) but I just do a search on google every fortnight on a Wednesday and always find the 70% off for private sellers, for the coming Friday.  Sometimes I may have to check 2 pages of results but I always find the offer. Hope this helps.

Message 14 of 68
See Most Recent

what do you search for - is it ebay specific or just anything ?   I am sure I do a google search every day, no offers since last Feb..

Message 15 of 68
See Most Recent

I just put something like " ebay promo fees for private sellers"

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 16 of 68
See Most Recent

I will be searching again this coming Wednesday 27th December - if you get in touch I could let you know if successful.

Message 17 of 68
See Most Recent

I currently have a £220 item listed. Predicted Ebay fees are over £28 - Oh for a 70% off !
Message 18 of 68
See Most Recent

I mostly only list items when I get a promo offer - i just list cheaper items when no offers.
I didn't use to get offers much at all. The someone sent me a link one day and it worked?
He never let me know how did it or how he was able to send/find the link.

It was only about a month later I decided to do some googling myself.
Message 19 of 68
See Most Recent

You might find the offer but does it work when you try using it? thats what I have found even for the newest current promos, I get the go away screen of death. The February Clubs cards are marked lol.  All I want for Christmas is fvf promos back...... Maybe we should book a huge stadium somewhere to celebrate the anniversary of being cut off and being discriminated against from other ebayers next February.  Naturally its all random.

Message 20 of 68
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: