No payouts - bank holiday?

Wonder if anyone else is experiencing this.  I do not recall Ebay holding on to the money on other bank holidays.  Still waiting for money from Saturday which they have not sent to my bank yet.

Considering they are able to send payments on Sundays (when banks are closed anyway) I do not see why a bank holiday would be an issue..everything is online 24/7 nowadays!

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

My payment did not go in my bank today but it has happened before on bank holidays so i am confident it will tomorrow. 

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

@litp*records wrote:

Considering they are able to send payments on Sundays (when banks are closed anyway) I do not see why a bank holiday would be an issue..everything is online 24/7 nowadays!

The clue is in there somewhere...

Banks may be closed on Sundays but certain transactions (like Faster Payments and some CHAPS payments) are still processed. The only transactions I'm aware of that are still processed during bank holidays are Faster Payments; BACS and CHAPS payments almost certainly are not. Also note there are two banks involved; the sending bank and the receiving bank. eBay are unlikely to be the cause of a delayed payout during a bank holiday. 

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

It seems eBay have been cutting back as it costs more to send on bank holidays via a faster payment method to  be in right away. The first time in a long time. 

At one point it was 5 days a week. Then 7 days. Now seems to be 7 days except on bank holidays. The shop subscription con money was taken out of it today so even less to be paid in tomorrow. The 1st is probabaly the day eBays staff and head office teams are taken for a champagne lunch while they chat about how they can raise more money to make it a few more bottles of Chateau Latour each month. 

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

@4_bathrooms wrote:

@litp*records wrote:

The clue is in there somewhere...

Banks may be closed on Sundays but certain transactions (like Faster Payments and some CHAPS payments) are still processed. The only transactions I'm aware of that are still processed during bank holidays are Faster Payments; BACS and CHAPS payments almost certainly are not. Also note there are two banks involved; the sending bank and the receiving bank. eBay are unlikely to be the cause of a delayed payout during a bank holiday. 

Ebay haven't actually sent the payment. It's not a case of it not being received.  Just still pending in my account.  

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

@btr.style wrote:

It seems eBay have been cutting back as it costs more to send on bank holidays via a faster payment method to  be in right away. The first time in a long time. 

At one point it was 5 days a week. Then 7 days. Now seems to be 7 days except on bank holidays. The shop subscription con money was taken out of it today so even less to be paid in tomorrow. The 1st is probabaly the day eBays staff and head office teams are taken for a champagne lunch while they chat about how they can raise more money to make it a few more bottles of Chateau Latour each month. 

Good point.   I suppose it was easier to take it straight out of our bank holidays earnings (strange how they can do that on a bank holiday monday isn't it?  Having it both ways).  As it takes 3-4 days otherwise to get the funds from our bank.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

@litp*records wrote:

Ebay haven't actually sent the payment. It's not a case of it not being received.  Just still pending in my account.  

I understand that. However, you can't send a parcel via a Post Office if the Post Office is closed; it's the same principle when sending most transactions from a bank. Only Faster Payments - a type of direct bank transfer - are ever guaranteed on bank holidays. 

Anyway; I knew I'd find something if I looked hard enough. eBay's "Getting paid" guidance pages for private sellers and business sellers both state:

"Regardless of how the buyer pays, payouts are initiated within 1 day (excluding bank holidays) of confirming the buyer’s payment. Whilst the vast majority of users should receive the money in their account within hours of the payout being initiated, some sellers may experience longer timeframes due to their bank processing times."

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

But.... 

Are payments still initiated bt ebay on a bank holiday Monday?

If they are, faster payments will be received on a bank holiday regardless. 

It's whether Ebay initiate the payment or not.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

I just use payout on demand and mine arrived instantly

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: