No email for sold item.

Is there a glitch on Ebay notifications. I went into my account to declare items posted, when I noticed I had an extra sale. However, I have not recieved any email notification saying it has been sold. This has happpened before, has this been an ongoing problem with Ebay?  No it is not in Junk nor any other folders. Can anything be done?

Message 1 of 32
See Most Recent
31 REPLIES 31

No email for sold item.

Same problem here. For last 4 days. No emails at all for sales, messages from buyers, postage purchase, saved searches, or purchases. Only a few more general ebay marketing emails are arriving. Sounds like others have seen this problem, and it seems like an eBay issue.

Message 2 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

Yes, I certainly do have intermittent issues in not receiving emails from eBay. Typically the issue lasts for a day or so then emails start coming through again. I assume it is an issue on the eBay end.

An option you can consider as a mitigation is to have the eBay app installed on a smartphone. I have found that even when emails aren't received, the app still provides notifications. Otherwise if you cannot or will not install the app then you need to check My eBay yourself.

Message 3 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

Hi all,

This was an ongoing issue from our end, but it was resolved. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, could you please confirm what notifications exactly are the ones that you are not receiving?

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

The issue is ongoing for me today, and it has been the same for a number of days.

As I described, I am NOT getting any emails for:

* Item that have sold and been paid for, that I need to dispatch. (confirmed ongoing issue today)

* Messages from buyers.

* Replies to buyers, even when I tick the box for sending a copy to my email.

* Confirmation of purchasing postage label.

* New results for saved searches (I have quite a few searches saved, and previously recieved 3 to 8 email per day - now I get nothing). I checked they are still set to send emails.

* Confirmation of purchases made by me. (confirmed this affects multiple eBay accounts)

I have recieved one email from eBay today, with subject "Embrace autumn with huge savings". These generic marketing emails are the only eBay emails that I am now getting. I did also get some email notifications of responses here on the community forum though.

Message 5 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

Thanks for your reply, barryc4291.

Could you please try going to your Communication Preferences, and make sure that all your notifications are enabled please?

If you go to my eBay, and click on "Summary", then click on the "Account" tab, and then on "Communication preferences", you will see your notification settings. Click on Edit on each of them, and you will see which ones are enabled and which ones aren't. If they are all enabled, please let me know and I will get this reported for you no problem.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 6 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

I can confirm that the missing email notifications are all enabled, yet no emails are coming through. If you can get this fixed, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Message 7 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

Thanks for confirming, barryc4291.

I've just reported this to our IT team, so this can be reviewed. I will post back here to update you, once I hear back from them.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 8 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

Hi barryc4291,

I've been informed that this issue is now resolved, they've asked me to ask you to log out of your account, clear the caches and cookies of your browser, and log back in. If you are using the app, please delete and reinstall it. All your new emails will start coming through within 24 hours.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 9 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

Ok, will try it and let you know. Thanks.

Message 10 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

I have done as suggested on both PCs that I use for eBay (I don't use the app). It has made no difference. I am still not receiving any email notifications.

It seemed strange that clearing caches and cookies would be suggested as a solution, as the emails should be sent from eBay servers to my mailbox at my email provider, without even requiring my PCs to be switched on.

Can you check again that email notifications are definitely being sent out?

Message 11 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

Hi barryc4291, thanks for your reply.

Could you please confirm what email notification you were expecting, but you didn't get, so it can be reviewed more specifically?

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 12 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

As described previously, I am missing multiple types of notifications. This has not changed.

Specifically, I had no emails for the 4 items I sold on 27th/28th/29th. I had no emails when purchasing postage for those 4 items on 30th (but did get emails from PayPal for the corresponding payments), and I had no emails for the 2 items I sold later on 30th.

The only way that I know there are items awaiting dispatch is by checking the eBay website. I recieve no email notifications, despite this being enabled as I showed previously.

If you need to get in to more specific details of transactions, then we should probably discuss via private messages rather than a public forum, but it shouldn't be difficult for you to find examples, as this has now been broken for several weeks.

Message 13 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

This is comman for everyone, Hope that eBay will be working on it.

Message 14 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

Thanks for your reply, barryc4291

Could you please confirm the item numbers for those 4 items you sold, but didn't get a notification for?

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 15 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

> Could you please confirm the item numbers for those 4 items you sold, but didn't get a notification for?

They were all item 185840113683 which is a 12V power supply

Message 16 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

Thank you, barryc4291

I've just forwarded this to the technical team for review. I will update you here once I hear back from them.

Thanks,

Marco

eBay
Message 17 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

Any further updates on this Marco?

Message 18 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

Hi barryc4291,

No further updates on this at the moment, once I hear back from them I will let you know.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 19 of 32
See Most Recent

No email for sold item.

Still no response? The problem is ongoing - it has been well over a month now.

Message 20 of 32
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: