No button to create a listing

In my eBay app on Android, when I go to list item, there is no button to create a listing. Just lots of basic info on how to create a listing.

Screenshot_20240322_232542_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think I have a fix for it. Log in via a desktop browser (mobile is no good as you will continually be taken back to the app, even when opening links in a new tab). Start to list an item, and save/abandon the process. Then the List An Item button is visible in the middle of the screen in the app.

There are some generic replies here about updating payment details, not having sold for a while, not pressing the Selling button under My eBay. I'm sure the posters mean well, but none of these are relevant to my situation. I have sold and received payment very recently, so no idea what the poster meant when they said they "can see you haven't sold in a while". This seems to be an issue with the Android app.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

At the bottom of the screen on the Home Page, to the right of the Home button is My EBay. Then near the bottom of the screen is a price tag with Selling next to it. Then you should see "List an Item." 

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Are you logged into your account? 

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

I do not use the app,  but understand there's a new update to install,  has this been completed?

I do see though,  that you have returned to selling after a long break,   and there have been some very big changes on eBay.  PayPal is no longer used for the receiving of payouts from sales,  eBay Manage Payments now.

You may be prevented from listing an item, because you have not fully or correctly registered with eBay's Managed Payments.

You need to provide eBay with details of a bank account and have this account verified.  The usual method here, is for eBay to send 2 micro deposits into that nominated bank account for you to receive,  and confirm to eBay.

Once this is completed,  you will be able to list items for sale,  and receive payouts from those sales.

This will show you how to register for eBay's Managed Payments.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

If there is an issue with the registration contact eBay Customer Services,  who have full access to your account,  and can see where the issue lies and explain the steps you now need to take.

Contact them this way.

Scroll to the very bottom of the page on the link below you will be able to access eBay Customer Services  through the Contact Us link.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Lines open between 8 a.m. and 10p.m. on weekdays,  and between 9.am. and 6 p.m. on weekends

@leec5150 

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Yes, but it just takes me to the same screen. 

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Yes. I wish it was so simple.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Habe you fully and correctly registered with Managed Payments,  and had your bank account verified?  The usual method is with micro deposits.

@leec5150 

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

I think I have a fix for it. Log in via a desktop browser (mobile is no good as you will continually be taken back to the app, even when opening links in a new tab). Start to list an item, and save/abandon the process. Then the List An Item button is visible in the middle of the screen in the app.

There are some generic replies here about updating payment details, not having sold for a while, not pressing the Selling button under My eBay. I'm sure the posters mean well, but none of these are relevant to my situation. I have sold and received payment very recently, so no idea what the poster meant when they said they "can see you haven't sold in a while". This seems to be an issue with the Android app.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

We can all see your latest sales and feedback and last feedback was received 6 months ago, so a break from selling has been made,  and this usually makes eBay look at a returning seller with caution as many dormant accounts are hijacked,  hence the policy of holds  on listings, may be placed, even after a payment or 2 received for recent sales.

Also,   we can only work with the information you provide for us we have no access to your account so cannot know whether Managed Payments has been correctly made or updated. 

Not being able to llist, and having a break from selling 9 times out of 10,   a seller doesn't realise that Managed Payments is in place,   and bank accounts need to re registered and verified with micro deposits.

So apologies,  the answer is not meant to be generic ,  but as said,   this is usually the issue, even receiving one or two payments a hold can be suddenly  be put in place,  items may be able to be listed until bank accounts are verified with those micro deposits.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent