zaaqq48
Community Member

New Page Layouts

I've woken up today to find that all the page layouts have been changed, and are now a muddled mess with information here there and everywhere.  The font is mean and pale, the images are excessively large and not all give a choice to reduce down to a more user-friendly size.

I cleared my cookies and history, and was briefly re-united with the previous layouts, but now the hideous new ones have taken over once again.

Is anyone else subjected to this?  Can anyone suggest a way to ditch it?

I wish eBay would learn that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Please use plain text.
misoggy
Community Member

Re: New Page Layouts

in reply to zaaqq48

I've just come to the community page to find out what is going on. I too have cleared cookies and reset Firefox and Safari without success. The most annoying thing that is missing is the summary that used to be at the top of the page. PUT IT BACK!!! Can anyone help? X-(

Please use plain text.
wheretheloveb
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

Ebay probably employ too many people.

With not enough work to go round and out of boredom they start fiddling with things

Please use plain text.
foresterdon
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

Just log out and keep logging on until the old layout appears.

If everyone did that they would get the message.

The pale font is a really dumb idea. The moment you start to scroll down a page it becomes near invisible and completely unreadable.

...but will they listen? Noooooo.

Please use plain text.
itsonlyus
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

Yup, me too.

I have 3 browsers running at any time. Each one with a different Ebay account open so I don't get mixed up with logins.

Firefox has opened up this morning with this new mess. IE & Chrome currently (at least)  are as before.

None of us like forced change but of course if it didn't happen we would be running the same page that we were way back in 1997 with Win 95.

We get used to things quite quickly without even realising it sometimes.

Some however are just wrong, badly written and should never see the light of day. This is one of them I fear.

BTW The new Hotmail/Outlook is another :-)))))

Please use plain text.
misoggy
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

I'm not so bothered about the colours or fonts, but I really would like my totals up at the top of my selling page. Its been moved down the side so you have to scroll up and down to check on the totals and see what is happening . Previously you just had to put up your selling page and it was at the top.

Please use plain text.
magazine-posting
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

The "collapse" option seems to have disappeared too,
This means, for example, that when looking at my items for sale, all the unsold items are also visible on the page too, so if I do a search (ctrl-F) for an item I'm selling, it will also find it if it's not currently listed.

Please use plain text.
misoggy
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

There are other features that do not appear to be working via Firefox and Safari atm. I have had to download Google Chrome in order to reply to this post and I was able to reply twice previously this morning. And as a result I find that Mac + Google Chrome is working on the old format and looks the same as when I closed down last night. Please can someone sort the browser issues out, I know that Safari can be flakey but Firefox is usually ok with ebay, I don't need yet another browser just for ebay!!

Please use plain text.
greenginkgo
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

The "collapse" option seems to have disappeared too,
This means, for example, that when looking at my items for sale, all the unsold items are also visible on the page too, so if I do a search (ctrl-F) for an item I'm selling, it will also find it if it's not currently listed.

I agree, the new layout is awful.  If you want to be able to distinguish clearly between sold and unsold, and have a nicely presented, legible page, subscribe to Selling Manger.  It's free, and it works.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/selling_manager/

greenginkgo
Please use plain text.
madpenguin
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

I agree, the new layout is awful.  If you want to be able to distinguish clearly between sold and unsold, and have a nicely presented, legible page, subscribe to Selling Manger.  It's free, and it works.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/selling_manager/

I expect eBay are working on how to screw that up too........

--------------------------------------------------------------
Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.
Please use plain text.
lego-lady2
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

Glad it's not just me then.

I've got about 1/2 the page on the left taken up with tabs and white space and my items for sale are all crammed in.

Also the 'buy' tab has gone from the top of the page.

Please use plain text.
applefrommars
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

The summary migrated to the left column late yesterday evening - refreshed the page and it had suddenly moved - with no way to customize it back up to the top, like there used to be?

Bits of the summary are still at the top, but in such tiny font it's easy to overlook them.

I guess this 'improvement' explains why my totals were incorrect yesterday.  Two different CS staff (one of whom claimed to be a seller) insisted that the 'total listed' means 'total without bids'.  Only when I pointed out that if so, if everything had a bid, the 'total listed' would show as zero, did one of them concede that there might be a glitch.

No giant pictures here yet, though.  I had those a while ago, and found the only way to resolve them was to not display the photos - it went back to normal a few months later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still waiting for a U-turn on FVF on international P&P
Please use plain text.
bluemakala
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

I've noticed that on my listings, most of the wording for my Retuns Policy has disappeared. (That's the words you and add in that extra box).

It now just reads "The buyer is responsible for return postage costs" which doesn't look at all helpful. But, if I go in to revise the item, the original wording is still there.

Anybody else having this problem? I guess it could be connected to the new page layout. 

Please use plain text.
applefrommars
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

Just in case anyone hadn't noticed, the 'Customize search' function has defaulted back to BM.  Not impressed by any of the 'new' features so far.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still waiting for a U-turn on FVF on international P&P
Please use plain text.
jplbitsandbobs
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

This is awfull, ebay what are you playing at?do you just like to annoy us users!!

Please use plain text.
misoggy
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

Folks, I am using a Mac and in frustration at the changes have downloaded Google Chrome today and the layout appears as the old one. Great! Do you think that Ebay are in cahoots with Google in order to get more people using their browser...??

Please use plain text.
autolineaccessorieslimited
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

The new layout is absolutely aweful.

Everything is difficult to read and interact with.

The messages used to be black and clear, now they have changed them to a light grey colour against a white background.

The notes that you could attach to the bottom of orders used to be a bright yellow with black bold text which stood out, now they have changed it to some sort of pathetic pale design.

There are so many things eBay could do to improve things for sellers e.g. highlight when a buyer has gone for express delivery, highlight when the same buyer has purchased multiple items at separate times etc etc, instead they mess with the colours which does nothing but make things worse.... I can't believe that they have "OK'd" this new design?

Change it back please eBay.

Please use plain text.
bitsandbobs4
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

Can't we just have "working" instead of "pretty"?

You know, site wide? 

Please use plain text.
aernethril
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

It isn't going back - we're stuck with it and there's worse to come.

And this is only the beginning—we’ll continue to innovate in ways that make it easier and more fun to shop and buy, and easier and more profitable to sell.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/uk/201304041108552.html

********************************************************************************************
Please use plain text.
bitsandbobs4
Community Member

in reply to zaaqq48

It isn't going back - we're stuck with it and there's worse to come.

And this is only the beginning—we’ll continue to innovate in ways that make it easier and more fun to shop and buy, and easier and more profitable to sell.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/uk/201304041108552.html

Oh no! I'm going to need to start buying wine.... :_|

Please use plain text.