My account for a permanently restricted. I cannot withdraw my funds, help!

My account got restricted today and i cannot withdraw my funds of nearly £2000. 

i uploaded a bracelet for sale, one person was interested ,sent me a offer, i accept , he can’t pay so i had to cancel. The same thing happened again. Once i finally sold it i had some problems with shipping so i let the buyer know and he had no problem with it. Eventually the item got to the seller. Suddenly ebay just restricts my account and money is on hold, i provided all the info they wanted but it didn’t help. Now i’m permanently restricted.. is there anything i can do to get my money back ?? 

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

catshome1
Conversationalist

How did you cancel the two failed transactions?

New or infrequent sellers, especially on such high value items, often experience payment holds.  More information in link below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816...

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

i accepted offers. once i accepted, i've waited for the buyer to pay but he sent me a message he's not able to pay , so i had to cancel the order . this happened twice .

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Did you cancel using the non payment reason or some other reason?

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

You haven't sold anything recently other than this item and it's a very expensive one. Your purchases all seem to be vape related to so I would assume ebay would hold your funds as catshome1 has pointed out due to you being a returning occasional seller and therefore for security reasons. They err on the side of caution due to dormant accounts sometime being hijacked and used to sell expensive items that do not exist. 

If you have proof of delivery and your buyer leaves you good feedback then you can approach ebay and ask for advice. They will pay you out eventually but it might take 30 days. This is partly incase the buyer wants to return it for any reason and ebay need to recover the funds from you to refund the buyer.

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

Did you solve your problem, i have the same with 3000€ and it has been 90 days hahahah. Sounds like a joke but im just mailing them every week but nothing happens. Can you suggest a way for it?

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

I hate to be the bearer of bad news,  or a permnently restriced account,  the hold on any payout can be anything up to 170 days.

Each restricted case is obviously different,  so that I believe is the max,   and eBay for obvious security reasons will not release those exact ' hold dates'.

Perhaps a little more light can be shed  re the holds,  if you join the Weekly Chat to day with Community Managers at 2 p.m. today,   it lasts one hour.  

@umubyk-0 

@therealjed.i 

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

these are the UK boards and you are in Turkey, best log into your designated site - https://www.ebay.com/

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

im in UK right now, it shows my hometown country. I sold my item on Italy, i just contacted ebay italy however they couldnot say a exact day or period for it 😕

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

You may be in the UK now,  but your account is registered in Turkey and the holds on payments on Managed Payments may be slightly different here, you do need to log out and log into :   www.ebay.com

Contact eBay Customer Services this way, through their help pages.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Lines are open between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m. Pacific Time

@umubyk-0 

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

@tressygirl wrote:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news,  or a permnently restriced account,  the hold on any payout can be anything up to 170 days.

Each restricted case is obviously different,  so that I believe is the max,   and eBay for obvious security reasons will not release those exact ' hold dates'.

Perhaps a little more light can be shed  re the holds,  if you join the Weekly Chat to day with Community Managers at 2 p.m. today,   it lasts one hour.  

@umubyk-0 

@therealjed.i 

170 days is far too long especially for a £2000 item; I'd personally be waiting 90 days (even that is too long) and if no funds paid out on 90 days then I'd be issuing a "notice of intention to prosecute" or similar, to eBay's UK headquarters. Failure to pay out within another 14 days would result in court action to claim back the money owed (plus court fees).

If the person in question has a restricted account then they have nothing to lose - if you have to take eBay to court to get your money, you'd probably lose your account anyway, but if you've already lost it and just need your funds, then the issue is the money and not the account!

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

I couldn't agree more,  @dougbat20  170 days is far too long, but  Ican only repeat here ,  what I have seen others have gone through as said,  not everyone held to that length of time.

There's a weekly chat going on with community managers now less than half an hour left,  anyone with a permanent restriction and hold, best to bring the matter up there, see if any more light can be shed on these lengths of payment holds.

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

@dougbat20 wrote:

170 days is far too long especially for a £2000 item; I'd personally be waiting 90 days (even that is too long) and if no funds paid out on 90 days then I'd be issuing a "notice of intention to prosecute" or similar, to eBay's UK headquarters. Failure to pay out within another 14 days would result in court action to claim back the money owed (plus court fees).

The problem being the new poster shows as being registered in Turkey and their item sold via eBay Italy which is operated by eBay Europe sarl (registered in Luxembourg).

If it is eBay Commerce UK Ltd that is withholding their funds eBay can simply state the funds are being held due to the "know your customer" element of the money laundering regulations. After all, their known customer is X at Y address in Turkey; not X at Z address in the UK. If it is eBay Europe sarl that is withholding their funds there is nothing a UK County Court can do about it.

According to the Payments Terms of Use when the new poster completed the onboarding process they would have needed to provide a Turkish bank account for receiving payments from eBay; this likely means eBay Europe sarl is their payout entity and therefore the party that is withholding their funds.   

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Did you ever get your money back? It's been more than 170 days.. 

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent