Mc011 restriction

Hey there, been selling and scaling up on eBay for about a year and a half, it's got to the point where I rely on it to pay my mortgage and car loan , things were going great , I recently tried a new strategy on my listings to give more ad promotion percentage (15-20%) , this was increased from 3% , so of course I get a nice uptick in sales albeit at a lower profit, so here is me thinking it's a win win , I get more sales and eBay gets more ad money , at the time I don't think I'm going anything wrong (still don't) just to be hit with a mc011 account restriction and all my listings taking down, I enquire why and I'm being told I had a big up tick in sales and that this is a common restriction that every single seller gets , going through these forums and the fact they removed every single listing that I will need to pay to get back I highly doubt that .

Any way the reason I'm posting is to find out, did I get lied to by eBay when they said every single seller gets this? I was asked to upload tracking for all my sales which I have and I've told them this, any advice as this is extremely stressful and as I said I rely on eBay as I know the rules in and out and didn't ever plan on breaking them,

A few sellers have been helpful already but I can't help but stress out, feels like my life is falling apart.

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mc011 restriction

@cal_corp wrote:

also had a agent recommend to me not to upload any tracking as it might be an issue on my account lol .

Whilst no seller should rely on anything they are told by a customer service agent this one may have had a point depending upon how you despatch your orders.

I don't automatically upload tracking for any of my large items because I know I'll receive an automatic "late despatch" defect due to the service I use. This is because eBay assumes the first date/timestamp shown in the tracking is an "acceptance scan" (i.e. when the carrier first took possession of the item). Items I send via a haulier only show such a date in the tracking once the item has been scanned into their "trunk network" - this is often a day or two after the collection depot has actually collected the pallet from me. So I only upload tracking for such items if an "Item Not Received" case is opened.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Mc011 restriction

I have not had this happen to me but from reading about it on the forums before, a common theme seemed to be that eBay wanted the seller to provide proof of delivery to buyers. Do you upload tracking to eBay?

The other thing I recall was people being asked to provide purchase invoices to evidence where they buy their stock from. In your case I wonder if they are trying to establish if you are dropshipping and whether it complies with eBay's rules. 

That is just my guess. Hopefully someone who has had this happen to them directly can shed more light on it. 

There is also the weekly chat with eBay community team on here at 2pm-3pm so you could ask them for further clarification and see what they tell you. 

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Mc011 restriction

I'll try and tune in to that conversation , yes I generally upload all my tracking quick , I'm only human so there has been times I've been late with uploading but didn't think anything would escalate from it , one thing I forgot to add is I have 99% roughly positive feedback and I'm very good with customers , recently I had a customer return two items for "found Items cheaper in store"  , I might struggle with invoices as alot of my items have came from store sales that I pick up in person so didn't get anything like an invoice, thanks for your 2 cents

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Mc011 restriction

Your purchase receipts should be perfectly acceptable in lieu of invoices - they both will show the seller, date of sale and amount - the receipt will show the items were paid for.

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Mc011 restriction

@cal_corp wrote:

I might struggle with invoices as alot of my items have came from store sales that I pick up in person so didn't get anything like an invoice

That could be an issue. Did you purchase the items, take them home then list them on eBay? Or did you see them for sale, list them on ebay then purchase them only when you had received eBay orders for them?

The former is allowed; the latter is not.  

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

Mc011 restriction

I see a sale , search said item on eBay , if I feel it's worth it I'll buy and store at my house or work , then list on eBay , how many receipts do you think I would need ?

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Mc011 restriction

@cal_corp wrote:

I see a sale , search said item on eBay , if I feel it's worth it I'll buy and store at my house or work , then list on eBay , how many receipts do you think I would need ?

If eBay ask you for receipts you'll need all of them - you're a business so should be keeping them all anyway. If they do ask for them they'll likely want to check the receipts are dated before you listed the corresponding items for sale on eBay.

Have eBay asked you for anything yet like receipts/invoices, tracking numbers, identity documents etc? Normally they will ask you to provide something if it is a temporary selling restriction. If it is a permanent selling restriction it typically means exactly that. 

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Mc011 restriction

Quick update 

I got my account reinstated, I was asked to update tracking which wasnt a issue, then personal id so I used drivers license and utility bill , then my company details , after that thankfully I didn't need to get receipts ,I got my account back today . 

As a side note I'm sure you all know , eBay customer service are complete droolers, I've been lied to multiple times , one promised me that when my ban is over all my listings will be there , I didn't get any back , I will need to pay again and spend a lot of time creating my listings again , also had a agent recommend to me not to upload any tracking as it might be an issue on my account lol .

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Mc011 restriction

@cal_corp wrote:

also had a agent recommend to me not to upload any tracking as it might be an issue on my account lol .

Whilst no seller should rely on anything they are told by a customer service agent this one may have had a point depending upon how you despatch your orders.

I don't automatically upload tracking for any of my large items because I know I'll receive an automatic "late despatch" defect due to the service I use. This is because eBay assumes the first date/timestamp shown in the tracking is an "acceptance scan" (i.e. when the carrier first took possession of the item). Items I send via a haulier only show such a date in the tracking once the item has been scanned into their "trunk network" - this is often a day or two after the collection depot has actually collected the pallet from me. So I only upload tracking for such items if an "Item Not Received" case is opened.

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Mc011 restriction

Wow very interesting, seems like a flaw with eBay that can bite sellers who don't know they are doing something wrong, perhaps that was an issue with me because I assumed I need to upload tracking there and then which could lead to "late delivery"

Thanks for that

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Mc011 restriction

Hi 

sorry to jump on your post could I ask for some advice as we have just had the same issue we are a top rated seller 100 feedback registered business and VAT registered and we have just also had the mc011 email in regards to tracking numbers however all are updated as we buy all our postage from eBay some don't show delivered how ever they have been just hasn't updated on eBay 

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Mc011 restriction

@bilhus-37 wrote:

sorry to jump on your post could I ask for some advice as we have just had the same issue we are a top rated seller 100 feedback registered business and VAT registered and we have just also had the mc011 email in regards to tracking numbers however all are updated as we buy all our postage from eBay some don't show delivered how ever they have been just hasn't updated on eBay 

Have you had any "item not received" requests opened? You need to provide any tracking/reference numbers to such cases even if you purchased the postage via eBay and/or if eBay are asking for them separately. 

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Mc011 restriction

Hi 

we have had one item not received in the last week however the case was closed within 2 days as the customer has received the item out of 38 orders in the last 30 days we have 8 orders that have no delivery on them as they are sent 2nd class and sometimes Royal Mails website Doesn't link with eBay's however out of the 8 7 of the customers have left positive feedback confirming they have received the item 

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Mc011 restriction

i am worried about my seller center can you please help me to reinstate my account.

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Mc011 restriction

Hi

People who respond on these boards are just other members like yourself and we have no control over Ebays decisions regarding your account.

Ebay expect sellers to keep a certain standard before they allow a member to sell on their sites.

I fear you are below that standard and they have stopped you from selling. 

We cannot help sorry.   You need to try and sort your issues out with Ebay using whatever site you originally registered with.

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: