Massive drop in sales

We sell on both the main platforms and mostly they would be level in terms of sales , until a couple of months ago , when ebay sales just fell off a cliff , I had to check that our listings were still there . Has anything bizarre happened ? Anyone else finding the same ? 

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Massive drop in sales

Suggest you catch the Ebays News section and many threads on the subject

Personally I would recommend the Ebay business YouTube chanel, a lot of information on there but specifically improving visibility, improving listing quality and others subjects, see what you feel is appropriate to your inventory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUU4h4CNwzc was from the Ebay Open 23, a guide to improving visability, there are similar type subjects that may help/explain things

Good luck

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Massive drop in sales

Suggest you catch the Ebays News section and many threads on the subject

Personally I would recommend the Ebay business YouTube chanel, a lot of information on there but specifically improving visibility, improving listing quality and others subjects, see what you feel is appropriate to your inventory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUU4h4CNwzc was from the Ebay Open 23, a guide to improving visability, there are similar type subjects that may help/explain things

Good luck

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Massive drop in sales

it wouldn't explain a drop from decent to nothing , the listings havent changed 

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Massive drop in sales

Hello, fellow Exetonian 🙂

Have you tried ending your oldest listings and relisting or selling similar? You've got a lot of very, very old listings in place and eBay's algorithms aren't a huge fan of that, as far as I'm aware. It might give your sales a bit of a kick.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Massive drop in sales

seems an odd way of going about it, sadly our listings link to our web site , so it's all controlled centrally , weirdly it was like an off switch . 

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Massive drop in sales

This my understanding of the situation and it happpened on our business acccount and have seen many posts like yours. 

If inventory performs poorly it gets lower in the algorythm seach results, and only continues to fall if you do nothing about it. Only takes a short period. Look at your impressions and clicks as see if there is a slide.

As mentioned there are many threads, look for the positive ones for tips and understanding, I would recomend the forementioned YT channel.  

Could try and contact CS? Try a bulk refresh? 

I can only give you my recomendation, scan/find the good threads, understand why and make good. 

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Massive drop in sales

I think a customer service call is on the cards, I'd better have the kettle on repeat. Thanks for the tip , I'll try to find a way to freshen them up 

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Massive drop in sales

8/9AM calls are best if your lucky your might get a European call centre, 

If the listings get dated as @superchallenge they need to be worked, 

Understanding how Ebay works these days helped us, 

Good luck

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Massive drop in sales

Yes, same here. 

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Massive drop in sales

Yup me. I do know that i got an email saying "promoted listings express is bye bye" now i dont really know how that affects me but funnily enough about the time it did my sales disappeared. I was using express on auctions to drum up interest for my buy it nows but may just be a mad coincidence.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent