Lost parcel

Hi, 

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem but I've been having issues with evri delivery. I have sent around 20 parcels over the course of a month and 6 of them have gone missing. 2 out of the 6 went missing at the parcel shop (tracking says I never even sent the parcels which is not

true) and the other 4 have been collected by evri but have not updated in more than a week. I have contacted evri and I have not been able to get through to a human about the 2 parcels lost at the parcel shop but I have been able to contact someone about the other 4 that were collected. They confirmed that 1 of them has been lost and they are still investigating the other 3 and asked me to fill out a claims form. I've lost about £80 worth of items and I've had to offer free replacements on top of that. Does anyone know what I can do in this situation? Thanks

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Lost parcel

I also forgot to mention that I am very worried this will affect my small business which I am running on eBay. I've sent replacements for lost parcels which have also gotten lost so this is really devastating for me.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Lost parcel

Touch wood, I cannot remember the last time I had an Evri parcel go missing.  Must be over a year ago.

How are you booking your labels?  If you use Packlink, the tracking will be entered straight away and when you take them to the parcel shop/ PO they will scan the labels and give you a receipt for each parcel.  This also updates the tracking on Ebay. If your local shop is not scanning them then this is the issue so use another shop. 

Also, when you contact Packlink, you will  receive an e mail by a named customer service agent who will investigate any issues and keep in touch until it is resolved or deemed as lost. Then, you can submit a claim.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Lost parcel

Good Morning Alad

Sorry to hear about your problems. This situation could indeed have an adverse effect on your account ie you could end up with  very harmful defects.  The best advice that I can offer is to forget Evri aka Evil and use The Royal Mail.

You will be very lucky to have a resolution from Evri.   They are absolutely hopeless.

Good luck

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Lost parcel

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

What can you do? Here are things to consider/try:

• you say some items didn't get scanned at all - does that mean that at the parcel shop the worker didn't scan the item in front of you? Insist that they do, or take the items to another parcel shop where they do the job properly.
  • If Evri items stop getting tracking updates then sometimes using the Evri chat bot on their website to ask it to raise an investigation case will magically result in the parcel getting moving again within a day or so. So do that when necessary.
  • Evri deliberately provide minimal customer service (I am saying "minimal" when I actually mean something rude). So getting in contact with them is hard. Best option is using the chatbot and the "missing parcel investigation" or "lost parcel claim form" keywords.
  • Claims from Evri: in my experience as Evri have low compensation they make approximately zero effort for lost parcels, so just submit a loss claim for the allowable amount (typically £20) when you can, and hope that your items aren't one of the many excluded from compensation.

I think Evri are OK for low-value non-fragile items. However, I don't think they are anywhere near good enough for items of any real value. You will probably find that Royal Mail Tracked 48 is a much better service at similar prices for parcels up to 10kg, with meaningful insurance and most items covered, and if something does go wrong you can speak to a human and Royal Mail do settle valid claims (they are of course fussy about claims like everybody else).

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Lost parcel

If u use packlink, they are usually good at compensating u for the items and the postage. I've had about 10 missing and 2 damaged and all were compensated in full with postage. I just use Evri now. I stopped using Royal Mail because if something goes missing, they have 1000 ways to get out of paying u compensation. They wanted proof id been at the post office. Proof of the item and that it wasnt on their huge list of things u cant claim on. Plus the tracking on the cheaper services nails your account standing cuz they rarely get a scan.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Lost parcel

From personal experience, I used to use Evri as it was cheaper, after sending about 10 packages with them, a really important item went missing. The buyer was understanding and it all resolved by them getting a full refund and me getting my money back from Evri, but it was quite a stressfull thing to go through.

Since then I've moved to Royal Mail, they are not perfect, but I haven't had an issue with them.

Fiber artist. Crochet, sewing, knitting, you name it.
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent