It's 2024 and buyers are still getting away with not paying for items!

It's 2024 and buyers are still going unpunished for not paying for items. I thought eBay were introducing measures to curb this? When I make an offer for something it immediately asks me what payment option i'd like to use but this doesn't seem to be a universal protocol?? eBay are increasing selling fees year on year but still allow us to get screwed over and over again. Sellers should be able to give negative feedback to buyers and we should all be able to see how many unpaid items someone has! Sort it out eBay!

Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

Re: It's 2024 and buyers are still getting away with not paying for items!

A lot of the people here are also sellers, it may not seem so but that is because they use a posting account that they use to post on these boards and keep their selling accounts seperate.

Message 21 of 26
See Most Recent

We seem to be having an outbreak of wind-up threads on here today.

This is the third I have seen this morning.

Message 22 of 26
See Most Recent

@cashion wrote:

I know about the tick box when listing an item. I remember eBay saying in their new year update or something that they were introducing immediate payments when a buyer sends you an offer for an item however in my experience I am yet to see this being implemented.

And yet in your opening post you say you have experienced this as a buyer and you have also found it in your buyer preferences as a seller, two examples of it being implemented.

Message 23 of 26
See Most Recent

What sellers can do to buyers who don't pay is give them a strike by cancelling after 4 days choosing buyer did not pay.  I believe that leaving them feedback negates this strike.   After all you wouldn't give a non payer positive feedback.

Since sellers can block buyers with two strikes that is very useful.  Except for offers, sellers cannot check a buyer's feedback before they buy so that is not usually helpful and actively prevents doing the useful  thing.

So, as a seller, I don't want other sellers to leave false positives. I want them to give non payers strikes.

Message 24 of 26
See Most Recent

Bidders are allowed 4 complete days to make payment before you can recover your selling fees by opening Unpaid case/s for a Non payment defect on their account/s ... You can then relist and neither party can leave damaging Feedback ... any FB left can be removed on request >

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

Block them from returning here > https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/BuyerBlock?

Message 25 of 26
See Most Recent

A buyer "returned" an item and pulled a scam. I won't say how because I'm not writing a scammer's guide here. I now video all returns being opened. I submitted the vid to ebay on their facebook page. I didn't lose out as I had evidence to prove the scam, but ebay refunded the buyer! So this sends the message that buyers are rewarded for theft and fraud. It's a disgrace.

Message 26 of 26
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: