Is there a time limit sending an item to Authentication centre?

Greetings, I have a potential watch buyer, but has said he will be going on holiday for two weeks and wonders if I can delay sending for two weeks. ( he said that if that's not possible then he suggested a neighbour can take it).

So my question is whether I can delay posting the watch by 2 weeks or whether I am supposed to post to the ebay Authentication centre within a few days. (I always post by RMSD and the ebay description will say post within 2 working days?)

As far as the neighbour thing goes, he would have to arrange that with the delivery company used by ebay Authentication (DHL I think) 

As the Authentication centre will only post to his home address.

Many thanks J

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think I have answered my own question, because you can change the despatch time on an auction to any number of days.

So I will delay sending the watch until later in the week and the buyer is happy to delay delivery from the Authentication centre.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

papso22
Experienced Mentor

The authentication centre should post to the address the buyer uses at checkout.

Delaying sending comes with the risk of a late dispatch defect. 

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

I think I have answered my own question, because you can change the despatch time on an auction to any number of days.

So I will delay sending the watch until later in the week and the buyer is happy to delay delivery from the Authentication centre.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent