IOSS number when posting to EU

Is there a limit where Ebay do not collect the tax on an overseas sale & the buyer will expect to pay custom charges at their end?

Somewhere in the memory cells a figure of £135 is popping in, but I can't find anything in the help pages.

There is no IOSS number under the address <Netherlands> which makes me think this may be the reason, but an overseas buyer is is not something that happens very often so unsure.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

€150 is the figure which is roughly equivalent to £135.  Above that and the buyer will have to pay on receipt as other taxes may be applicable.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

€150 is the figure which is roughly equivalent to £135.  Above that and the buyer will have to pay on receipt as other taxes may be applicable.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

It is €150 (about £129 as of today). £135 is the limit for orders coming into the UK where eBay are responsible for charging and remitting VAT.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Thank you both 👍👍

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Hello, due to the extortionate Royal Mail Europe Zone 2 parcel price increase I have switched to UPS to send a package within the EU. It's below 150 Euros so VAT was paid by the buyer at point of sale and IOSS number given.

However when I get to the end of this UPS form and after I have entered the IOSS number, it still says the buyer "will be charged on delivery for duties and taxes", and gives an "estimated" figure (about 4 times what they paid via Ebay!).

How is this correct? Does this mean UPS will actually charge this? Has anyone else had experience of this? Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent