INR Claim

I recently sold an item, posted it 2nd class post within 2 days. Received a message on day it should have arrived claiming they had ordered it a month before, it was long overdue and they wanted a refund by the next day. I replied that it should have arrived that day, but Royal Mail cancelled delivery post late and that I was not happy to refund when the delivery was still the expected time window.

The next day they opened an INR claim, stating the order had been made a month before. I replied again that it was within the expected delivery window.

The day after, they left neutral feedback, that the item had finally arrived and that I should retract the claim. 

I messaged them to ask them to remove the claim, as I am not able to do it. Claim is marked pending buyer action and funds are still on hold. 

What happens if they do not retract it?

Will it be paid out in time?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

INR Claim

First, put the buyer on your Blocked Buyers List.  You definitely don't want to deal with them again.

Then put the reference number of the label on the INR - you'll find this on the label (if you kept a copy of it), or on the sold item on the Seller Hub (if it was an eBay label) or on the Proof of Posting.  If it was a Large Letter, it may have been scanned as delivered - check this on the RM website.

If the buyer doesn't escalate, the INR will time out in 30-40 days.  If the buyer does escalate and the item has a delivery scan then, theoretically, they won't get a refund.  If they escalate and eBay refunds, then you will have to appeal on the basis of the feedback message.

Alternatively, you can ask eBay to 'Step in and help', on the basis of the feedback message.  I have mixed feelings about this - I've asked eBay to step in, and the case has been closed in my favour.  However, many sellers counsel against this because eBay has been known to close the case in the buyer's favour.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

INR Claim

Hi gazzabass100, thanks for your post.

If you confirm the item number for the transaction in question, we can send your case for review to see what can be done here.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

INR Claim

Hi Marco,

Thanks for following this up.
The item number is 235407015038.

Gary
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: