Global Shipping Programme

UK Seller - I decided to add the Global Shipping Programme to a few of my listings to see how it works - but after just one day had a buyer trying to buy from Jersey (Channel Islands) and being asked to pay £32.00 shipping/customs etc - when UK to france is £12.00 and UK to USA is £19.00 - plus the other Channel Island....Guernsey is not even registering a shipping rate - seems this programme is not fit for purpose - anyone else having problems?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Should be the same price as the UK as it's classed as UK. You should remove it from the GSP if it is on there and they should just pay normal postage. You do have to fill in a customs form and an airmail sticker is the only difference to sending mainland UK

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

I've had a piece of jewllery sell to Germany, thankfully they contacted me first because Global Shipping were charging £15 more for a large letter size package. I've had people buying china items sent to the US and they're charged £40 more for shipping than I would have charged. Also the time wait for me sending to the GSP Centre took 10 days to resend to the US. NO WONDER if anyone who buys using Global Shipping are unable to leave you negative feedback! AND NOW we've to set up numerous shipping tables if we want our items seen on european/world sites, as I found out after listing 116 items this weekend that I found couldn't be bid on from europe! It's now totally Americanised with bods who have never sold on eBay changing the programs. Go back 10 years and it was so easy!

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Ebay enrolled me on the their GSP without my consent - I ran into all kinds of problems trying to sort it out with overseas buyers. When I contacted eBay they said it was my fault - I had incorrectly iniated some kind of installation process. Keep them peepers peeled - eBay is a sly old goose.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

The reason they're prob classing as GSP is cause you havent set up a postage table with how much to add to the postage rate. Assuming they must be down as "i do not ship to them" so they are included in GSP.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent