Fee discount promotions for new sellers?

I'm a new Ebay private seller (joined Ebay a couple of days ago) and was wondering if new sellers like me will also get offered the fee discount promotions that i've heard about, such as 70% off final value fees for example, or do i have to earn a minimum number of positive feedbacks, or perhaps complete a minimum number of sales before i qualify for promotions? If so, can someone please tell me the minimum numbers required before i qualify for promos? (i tried the chatbot but got no answers). Thanks

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

You'll either get them or you won't.

There's no rhyme or reason or logical (or illogical) explanation to who gets them and who doesn't.

If you do get an offer, consider yourself fortunate.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

As advised, you may get the reduced final value fees or you may not.

Irrelevant to your question but ...

You need to check your postage price.  If you are using Royal Mail, many books will go as a small parcel.  You can use Large Letter for items under 750g and less than 25mm thick - many paperbacks are heavier and thicker than this.

Also, bear in mind Ebay fees are 12.8% + 30p and are charged on postage too.

If you sell 'The Serpent and the Moon' for 99p, have to send it as a small parcel and pay 3.49 (charge for a small parcel currently if you buy it at the Post Office - prices go up 2nd April) your buyer would pay 3.98, Ebay would take fees of 81p and you would pay 3.49 postage.

That makes a nett loss for you of 32p.  Probably not what you are hoping for!

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

As the previous poster has pointed out, you are likely to make a loss on the books you have listed and need to revise your prices ASAP. 

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Hi, there are no set limits that are published, but if you keep selling, or trying to, i would say 4 - 6 weeks is about what it takes to get a fee offer. You won't necessarily get one, but keep checking your overview for offers as they rarely come by email anymore. 

Good luck

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Try to buy a few things to get some positive feedback, then sell a few cheap things, even if you make a small loss and post them all via tracked service ONLY (Tracked48 via ebay), so you'll get above average seller level. Link your bank account. If you're lucky, you'll get it quickly.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks everyone for your replies. I didn't know about RM prices going up in april and will adjust my postage prices when they do (£2.99 is currently the online price for 2nd class small parcel). I have also already linked my bank account. I do have other bits and bobs around the house which i wish to sell that are more expensive but thought i would get some of the small cheap items selling first, even if just for pennies or small loss to get some feedbacks and so that buyers feel more confident about buying more expensive items from me. If Ebay are reading this, an invite to a fee discount promo would be greatly appreciated for beginners during this early stage of getting a selling account off the ground.    

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent