Click & Collect issue. Buyer says they heard nothing. I have proof it was delivered.

I wonder if anyone can help me as this is the first time this has happend in all the years that I've been a seller.  I'm a private seller, not a business seller.

Someone bought something from me on the 29th June this year.  I packed up the item & printed out the label myself & attached it.  As this was to a store via Click & Collect I always do this for peace of mind for both sides -  I took photos of the parcel showing the eCP code was on there & that it was the correct name & address on it & sent this to her just before I left to post it.  Plus you could see the shape & colour of the parcel itself.  It looks slightly unusual in the fact that it was smallish & totally square & the label went over 2 sides of it.  I sent it off that same day, Tracked 48 from Royal Mail.

The tracking showed that the store received it on the 1st July, so it reached there really quickly.  Also, I have the photo proof of it being there too as it's been taken with it sitting on top of some other parcels on this stores' desk,next to the display which shows medicines etc & you can see outside where the car park is so it's really clear. And sat like a cherry on the top is my parcel clearly showing it is this one with the tape I used & with the label going down 2 sides that she received photos of in the initial message I sent her.   Even the post label is in shot facing the camera.

Anyway,  I never received a reply to the initial email I sent with those photos in, so I had assumed all was well until today.

I didn't have a notification that I saw, but going into my emails I found an email from yesterday (11 July) from the buyer to say she never heard anything from the store so  she talked to them & they said they new nothing about it & to contact me.

Obviously I have total proof from beginning to end that I sent it off & it was delivered.  And the photos I sent her before I sent the package off show the eCP code so no one can say that it wasn't on there either.  And also this photo by the RM courier clearly shows my parcel on the desk on top of the other few parcels delivered that day.

Live Chat has been removed, the automated assistant couldn't help & I have no way of talking to a human being at Ebay so I am writing here instead for any help or advice you can give me.

I've tried to call the actual store multiple times myself to ask them about it & told her  that I'd do that but the phone just rings & rings & no one answers.

I don't know what else to do.  I'm pretty sure I'm not liable to give her a refund am I?  I have total proof it was delivered.  But obviously, if she's tellling the truth she's out of pocket for this item.  So how can she get her money back?  Why should I give her it back when I've done my part?  The shop are denying it was delivered.  I don't know what to advise her as I don't want to upset her, but she doesn't know what to do her end either.  She can't see any Live Chat buttons like I can't.  I asked the assistant & it said there was none available & just pushed the stupid general help sections on me which weren't really a help as it doesn't show what to do next from my end.

So neither of us really know what to do next for the best.  I'm scared she'll give me a bad review, despite this not being my fault in the slightest if I don't refund her her money.  Though it hasn't got to this just yet & so far she's being really polite.

It's pretty obvious that now it's been almost two weeks, she is not going to receive this parcel unless it's got dropped under something & it's miraculously found.  I think after 7 days of someone not picking it up, it either gets chucked or sent back.  But I've received nothing in the post so that hasn't happened.

So has anyone got any idea what I should do & what she should do? And have experienced this themselves? Any help would be very appreciated!  

Cheers

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

Click & Collect issue. Buyer says they heard nothing. I have proof it was delivered.

I think there's a dedicated eBay Click and Collect team who deal with issues such as yours.  Contact eBay and ask for a callback, and tell the CS that you want to speak to this team.

Maybe an more experienced seller can confirm this?  I don't offer Click and Collect because, as a buyer, I've had problems with it - RM says 'delivered'. store says they haven't got it.

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

Thank you for your reply.  I have been trying to contact Ebay via Live Chat but the button is not there for me.  When I got through via the robot help assistant, I asked for 'agent' & it said that Live Chat was not availble, so that's really helpful!  But thank you for telling me there is such a team as this in Ebay.  As I haven't dealt with this before on here, I had no idea.

And tonight I have removed Click & Collect from my account, which is sad as I know it's really handy if you find things impossible to pick up from the RM Delivery Office due to their opening times.   I buy things using Click & Collect if I can as it's really convenient for me & have only had one issue personally.  But people don't use it while buying things from me very often, but out of those times they had, I've had 3 issues now &  none have been my fault.  Luckily 2 out of the 3 have been resolved & people got their items due to store errors, but this time it's definitely gone missing!  So Click & Collect is out for the time being.

One quick thing, the buyer told me that she actually HAD had the email saying her item was at the store for collection, but when she got there they didn't know where it was, but then couldn't even say they had sent it back (they haven't) or destroyed it.  So, the store have confirmed themselves that they 'did' have it.  She'd just said they had no idea where it was, not that she'd actually been called in.  Lets hope this is sorted out soon.

Cheers!

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

@kab7607 wrote:

One quick thing, the buyer told me that she actually HAD had the email saying her item was at the store for collection

That means the store scanned the eCP code into their system. The following is stated in the terms and conditions for Click & Collect:

"eBay is not liable for the loss or damage of any item until it has been received at the designated eBay collection point and scanned into the eBay collection point providers' system. eBay is only liable for the item until collected by the buyer, or until the returned item is dispatched to the seller. "

So, eBay is currently liable for the item. I'd suggest directing your buyer to open an "item not received" case via eBay as it is now eBay's responsibility to sort it out.  

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

Totally agree with last responce. You were asked to send it to store which you did correctly. Store received parcel, notified eBay and they let customer know it was available for collection. Don't think any further responsibility lies with you. Customer can open an item not received claim and it will be found in your favour, just make sure that you have the tracking number uploaded to your customers order.

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

If you open up the chat bot and just keep on typing in help, it connects you to a person.

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

Also, I jave taken off click and collect as 9 times out of 10 they either don't collect or say it hasn't arrived.

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

This link may be more useful to you

www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

I just keep typing in live chat 🙂

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

Hi kab7607, thanks for your message.

Did your buyer file an item not received case? If not, you can ask the buyer to file an item not received case, and if the tracking number confirms delivery to the shop, you and the buyer will be covered in case the item was lost in the shop, so don't worry about it.

Thank you,

Marco 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

Creating tickets etc isn't really the answer. EBay needs to sort out the C&C system. As a buyer it's a complete headache trying to find if the package has arrived through the eBay & C&C systems. Only packages that have been sent with tracking via couriers give any confidence (and that's limited IMHO). I'm not sure the stores know what they're supposed to do. I've been to my local a couple of times.

First time I came away with 4/5 and two weeks later still getting reminders from eBay to pick up. I was not sure the guy know what he was doing.

Another time the lady serving was totally on it, and gave me one more package than expected because eBay hasn't updated the system yet. 

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

I have a similiar problem how do I cotnact ebay?

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

Through a long and drawn out process...

Only partially kidding. If you're on the phone app, hit the three lines bottom right, and scroll down to the bottom to find Customer Services. Select an item and answer some automated prompts. It should eventually give an option to chat with a bot, which will ask more questions, and if it can't answer it'll give option to chat or talk to an agent.

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

I just had a Click and Collect item refused by the supposed location, as they say that they had no room to store packets. The item was correctly addressed with the code number , complied with the regulations and is currently lost in the return post. I have an unhappy customer and will lose a lot of money if I don't get the item back. Does Click and Collect ever actually work, or is it a completely failed system?

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

I gave up using it for purchases because there are too many pitfalls - eg.

items sent without tracking

sellers forgetting to put the eCP code on the parcel

unreadable hand written eCP codes

parcels being delivered to the wrong depot (Argos / Sainsburys) ,

items getting lost, mislaid - or possibly stolen - from the store

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

EBay in Argos has gone downhill, they seem to reject parcels when they feel like it, I went into the store in Denton 4/3/24 to find out why they rejected my awaiting parcel, the reply was no idea we get tons of parcels everyday 😤

The supplier has the item back and asked me why it was rejected, 🤷🏻 yet my email from eBay says we will text you when it's ready???

My supplier was told by the carrier it was rejected, yet it is within the size and weight accepted by the store.

If you try ringing them you will not get through as an automated reply tells you they are busy and ends the call, nice work 👍

We have tried again today to see if it gets accepted but are still waiting for the carrier to confirm what has happened?

My supplier has now paid twice to have it delivered, let's see if Argos accept it 2nd time round, they should refund the carriers costs if they accept it now as clearly it was right the first time round, what a shambles 😩

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

Sainsbury's and Argos are really missing a trick here, once you remove C&C the chances of you buying something whilst in Argos or Sainsbury's will be gone.

Many a time I will get some groceries whilst in store simply because I am there, multiply by how many people are unhappy could amount to a tidy sum over twelve months, 

Note to the above :- COMPLAINTS COST MONEY

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

Found this thread as I had an issue as a buyer (not seller) - Argos said they couldnt find it, but ebay ruled in the seller's favour.

Fortunately American Express customer service is awesome and refunded immediately - no sweat at all

It has however made me remove C&C on all of my listings going forward - just not worth the hassle

Totally agree with @nitro-mart - I dont think i've ever been to Argos in 4 years except to do C&C - this is a lost business opportunity for them

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent