Cash on Collection

I have a buyer who wants to pay cash on collection I obviously didn't enter cash as an option on the listing!! He won't get a code obviously What can I do??

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cash on Collection

@rbar8359 wrote:
It was but they didn’t get a QR Code/ Number

The codes will only be issued if you're both using the eBay app, but that's a moot point - if you're being paid in cash you just mark the order as paid once your buyer has collected.

You don't need proof of collection because the cash payment can't be reversed. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Cash on Collection

Cash is best for a collection item, after the item has been purchased first, and your buyer has come,  inspected and paid in cash for it,  this is how to finalise that transaction.

It is not mandatory to use that code. Indeed, many sellers do not use the app to run their seller accounts, and that is needed here for that code.

You need to do this now, only on the Seller Hub

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/ovw

go to Orders >> Awaiting Postage / Print Postage label, and then click the box on the left of the item.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/ord/?filter=status:AWAITING_SHIPMENT

Then you should see a drop down menu, above the listings, with the title "More" use the drop down menu there and select , Mark as paid and Mark as Dispatched.

Dispatched is eBay's wording for a collected item.

This may help too,  it's eBay's guidance for proof of a collected item :

If you're both using the app there will be a code, if not this is eBay's guidance on what is required as proof of collection: https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/posting-items/setting-postage-options/local-collection?id=4181&s...

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Cash on Collection

@rbar8359 wrote:

I have a buyer who wants to pay cash on collection I obviously didn't enter cash as an option on the listing!! He won't get a code obviously What can I do??

If you offer "Collection in person" as a "delivery" option cash is required as a payment method (although it can't be insisted on).

You need to revise the listing so that it offers collection in person. Otherwise, if the buyer pays, collects then opens an "Item Not Received" case you will have virtually no defence against it.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Cash on Collection

Can I revise a listing that's already been sold?

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Cash on Collection

Can I revise a sold item?

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Cash on Collection

No you can't. 

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Cash on Collection

@rbar8359 wrote:

Can I revise a listing that's already been sold?

No.

Was it the Vintage Royal Doulton set? if so, that item was collection in person.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Cash on Collection

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Cash on Collection

@rbar8359 wrote:

The codes will only be issued if you're both using the eBay app, but that's a moot point - if you're being paid in cash you just mark the order as paid once your buyer has collected.

You don't need proof of collection because the cash payment can't be reversed. 

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Cash on Collection

@rbar8359 wrote:

As mentioned that only works if you're both using the app. When you said "I obviously didn't enter cash as an option on the listing" I thought it must have been a delivery-only item.

Any item listed with "Collection in person" as an option automatically has "Cash on collection" available as a payment method - this option can't be removed - in addition to eBay's managed payments. Cash is preferable for such items as the buyer is not covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee policy as eBay has no way of actually giving the buyer their money back.  

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Cash on Collection

As a buyer without the app I get a code by email when ordering collection in person. It's also visible on the order details. The only excuse for not having a code is they didn't know where to look, in which case tell them. Don't hand over the item if they don't give you the code.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Cash on Collection

In 'My eBay' go to 'selling' the item will be marked 'waiting for payment'.  Click on the item. On the  blue bar at the bottom which says 'send payment reminder' click on the small arrow on the right hand side and you can select 'payment received'.   Not done it yet, wish me luck!

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent