Cancelled shop sub middle of last month and its charged me again

Was horrified to find £33 odds ripped out my account for a store sub i cancelled early last month.......seen other posts about it but is this just another ebay scam u can't get out of easily?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi thetimetower, thanks for your post.

According to our records, your cancellation was issued after the renewal date, so that's why the charge went through. I can see now that your shop has been cancelled, so you won't be charged for it next month.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Hi thetimetower, thanks for your post.

According to our records, your cancellation was issued after the renewal date, so that's why the charge went through. I can see now that your shop has been cancelled, so you won't be charged for it next month.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

I thought renewal date was 1st of the month? take it ebay has another bizarre idea of renewal dates to make sure u have to stay subscribed longer than u want. Figures.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Hi thetimetower,

Did the £33 subscription fee taken represent a whole month's shop fee? According to the Help pages when a shop subscription is cancelled after the first 30 days the subscription fees are prorated, so you only have been charged for the number of days between the end  of the previous subscription period an the cancellation date:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/ebay-stores/closing-ebay-shop?id=4091&st=3&pos=4&query=Closing%2...

If, for example, the renewal date is 1st of the month, the monthly fee is £33 and the subscription is cancelled on 15th, the cancellation charge should be (15/nn x £33), where nn is the number of days in the month of cancellation (31 in January, 30 in April and so on).

As you mention cancelling early in April, by my reckoning the amount which should have been taken on 1st May should have been (n/30 x £33), where n was the date you cancelled. If more than that was taken I'd certainly be inclined to seek a refund of the excess amount.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: