Can't remove 'free collection in person' option on new listings

Title says it all - eBay seems to be adding 'free colletion in person' on all my new listing and I don't want this!

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, I have contacted CS and they have resolved the issue. I had 'cash payment' selected under payments and when I removed that, the 'free collection in person' disappeared. So they were helpful, actually.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

You should be able to switch it off if you revise your listings.

If you are using a browser the collection in person button is hidden behind "see postage options" in the top right corner of the postage section.

It looks like this. 

Screenshot_2023-11-06-08-04-36-866~3.jpeg

On the app hit the pencil icon next to the delivery section and it's at the bottom.

App looks like this.

Screenshot_2023-11-06-08-05-29-327~3.jpeg

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

Thanks - but I have found both of these and they don't make any difference!

I've tried switching off and on, removing all methods of carriage, etc but I *still* have 'free collection in person' ...

Looks like an eBay bug?

Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

Nope, I've tried two more different browsers from work, and I just can't remove 'collection in person'.

Looks like there is a bug somewhere...

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

It's on all your live listings so I don't know.

You could ask customer services but they will probably just tell you what you want to hear.

Maybe marco@ebay  or anita@ebay  can help.

If you can't get rid of it put no collection in person on you discriptions.

Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

I know its on all my live listings! And I want to remove it.

Maybe I will have to try customer services. I can't think of anything else...

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

Here's a link to CS it will bypass the automated assistant.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid 

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

Oooh, thanks! That is helpful!

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

Are you trying to edit live listings to remove collection in person, or list from scratch without that option?

Edit, I see you have sorted it now, what was the problem?

Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

Nope, not sorted... The option 'free collection' appeared as I did new listings but I can't remove it from any of my live listings either...

Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

🤔Think on the GL-X3000 your be wise listing as just a cash on collection only item..Thats a scam item magnet at £299🤐

Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

I will think about that... I've actually not had issues selling stuff like that but thanks for the 'heads-up' anyway.

Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

Well, I have contacted CS and they have resolved the issue. I had 'cash payment' selected under payments and when I removed that, the 'free collection in person' disappeared. So they were helpful, actually.

Cheers!

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

I had the same issue - tried all kinds of options but to no avail.  Contacted CS and YES its the "Cash Payment" issue.  I have never changed it  - very strange .  Unticking"cash payment" sorted the "free collection in person"  -  Very, Very strange!   eBay's IT people should stop tinkering too much with the interface it's becoming more and more confusing !!!!

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

Thanks for this. Been happening to me for ages and got in touch with eBay previously but they didn't resolve it. Tried as you suggested on a listing and it seems to have gone. Annoying when people pay for an expensive item and they want to save a couple of pounds by collecting. By the time they've driven etc they haven't saved any money and the inconvenience of arranging times etc.

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

Agreed. Constantly pushing the 'seller hub'. Nothing wrong with the simple interface. The collection thing really annoyed me actually as it's hard to tell people you don't offer it when it's there in black and white. Only not positive feedback I currently have is off somebody that wanted to collect. Hadn't paid for the item, didn't reply to my messages, then a week or so later put a case in against me!!! eBay dropped the case for non-payment but they were bizarrely still allowed to leave feedback!!! Absolutely ridiculous.

Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

Cancelling that order as unpaid (after 4 days) would have got you a credit for your eBay final value fees and blocked the buyer from leaving any feedback.

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

Are we all supposed to know this? I was awaiting them to reply to my messages to arrange the collection they requested. Instead of a reply they opened a case and was then unable to cancel the transaction. Nobody should be able to leave feedback unless a transaction has been fully completed and it would be ridiculous to suggest otherwise. Very flawed system.

Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

Hi, where will I find 'payments' so that I do this, I can't see it anywhere and I'm going round in circles! Thanks

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

If I remember correctly it's near the bottom of the page. 'Payment Methods' and there'll be 'Direct Payments via eBay' and 'Cash on Pickup'. Something like that. Go on 'edit' and remove cash option. Spent ages the other day going through listings doing that on everything.

Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent