Buyer claiming to have to pay extra postage on "free postage".

Just received my very first negative feedback after 14 years of selling..got the below message..I've paid the postage costs on this item so I don't have a clue what he's on about..I suspect he's trying it on & i'm hoping ebay will remove the feedback which is a lie.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

It's quite possible they had to pay extra.

you could contact them for a copy of the extra charge and refund them.

however the false positive you left is serious feedback abuse that could damage your account and would not encourage the buyer to cooperate.

On the face of it the only feedback valid for removal is your false positive.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Did you, by any chance, stick a 2nd class large letter on your parcel? A pack of cards weighs over 100g plus there is the outer packing.

Your reply to the feedback is terrible and could possibly have been reversed if you had just messaged the buyer and said you were sorry.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Sounds like you didn't pay enough postage. 

• Letters/Large Letters - insufficient postage paid - £1.50 flat fee

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

We get some deliveries that are correct when presented, but after getting crushed and screwed up by the mail system, Royal Mail then thinks they are a 150g small parcel, rather than a large letter. 

We always ask customers to challenge the charges at the delivery office, many are overturned the rest either don't bother to collect or file an INR.

All our items sent are measure the correct weight and size. Doesn't prevent Royal Mail from attempting to surcharge your/eBays customers.

Back along we had a Royal Mail business account and had loads of random surcharges added. We scrapped that and we went back to 2nd class when they added the delivery confirmation for large letters.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Nice theory but the OP sent a pack of playing cards so they would be hard to screw up. It still doesn't justify the feedback reply either. Waiting for them to let us know if they just put a 2nd class large stamp on them.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Wrong board to post on ,try the business seller one ?

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Why have you written this reply! without any sympathy for the seller!. The buyer left negative feedback on a seller's  100% positive feedback -  without even contacting the seller to let them know. This is unfair.

The  seller could've refunded them and sorted it out that way. He wasn't given a chance!  You expect the seller to be a passive victim? When you leave negative feedback, you have to expect the consequences.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

If you had checked before resurrecting a 6 month old thread you will see that the negative feedback is no longer there.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent