Buyer Returns Item, Cost me Double in postage rate!

Hi all

The buyer wanted to return an item so I accepted the return, when the item arrived I was charged a return postage cost! Now this is the problem, The item was free delivery so no postage cost to the buyer!..It cost me to send the item out, So now the buyer wants to send it back Its cost me again in postage because ebay charged me for the return label?  I always thought the buyer covered the return postage cost!!..So Its cost me two lots of postage and a lot of time waste.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Who pays (in your case) depends on the reason for return - if it was for "not as described" for example, then the seller will always pay.

Although your items are "free post" surely you allow for that when pricing them up.  Regardless, you would have had to refund that anyway so yes, in this instance, you are "down" 2 lots of postage.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

List the Item in Sell Similar, change Title & Pictures around.  This will give a different eBay number for any new buyers looking & it will not be related to the returned item.

Check your new listing price covers the eBay fees, postage & packing, also add a bit on each of your new listings to start getting the postage you lost back.

If the Buyer uses the eBay 30 days Guarantee shown on you advert e.g. not as described, then the Seller pays for the return.

I would not think of sending the item out again to the Buyer who has already returned the item at the Seller's cost.   It seem strange he/she wants it sending back to them,   I would Block the eBayer.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Eh?  Pretty sure the buyer is just sending the item back to the OP - I didn't read anywhere that they wanted it sent out again to them - why would they?!

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

The joys of being a seller.

The buyer has uk distance selling laws on their side so the seller can sometimes get a raw deal.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

I'd misread the original message regarding the Buyer wanting the item sending out again.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent